Mmu -tips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok!

so I will start
smile.gif

in the begining you need to be very patient and not despair from nothing because after a couple of experiences you will find the perfect formula that will be great for your skin.

Remember to really let your moisturizer sink into your skin before applying your foundation. 10 minutes at least, and 30 minutes is not excessive!

Keep your skin gently but well exfoliated. Your makeup will look better, and you will look younger!

applying mmu wet gives better coverage.. if you use a primer, you give your skin a nice surface to put mmu on

I agree with Simi you have to have patience. It took me a good 6 months until I felt I finally had application of foundation down! But don't give up if you want to use minerals! And not only patience in application but each brand has slightly different formulas so it takes time to find the ones that react best on your skin. Samples are your friends!

My tip would be: apply light layers and repeat until you get the desired coverage. Swirl that brush really well to evenly distribute into brush. If you try to apply with too much powder on your kabuki/brush you'll get blotchy coverage. Not to mention the MESS as the powder flies all over you!

Also I've found putting my minerals in a small rounded bowl (I use a little ceramic dessert bowl) really helps dispense them into the brush better (and less messs) than trying to swirl in the product lids.

Remember Less is More in Mineral makeup. Particularly in the beginning, the first few times I put on mineral foundation it was a disaster. I used far too much and ended up with it caked-on and streaky.

As already mentioned your face must be completely dry before applying but if you don’t have time to let your moisturizer sink in use a wet method to apply.

to know what the perfect method for the specific foundation.

some foundations "loves" the wet method and some not.

for example Meow's foundation don't like wet method.

*If you can't seem to find the perfect mmu foundation, keep trying! Just like other cosmetics, not one is made for everyone.

*Wet mmu will most likely always be darker than when it is dry.

*Andi's trick
wink.gif
: If you want to apply mmu wet, apply it dry first then spritz face with water and blend in with the mmu. Much easier than wetting brush and applying wet.

*Primer is a must with mmu. It makes all the difference.

Hi ladies!! I have to 1st say I absolutely LOVE this thread!! I'm new to MMU, and I'm trying my hardest to learn more as far as applying, coverage, brands, etc, but I'm having a really difficult time. What would be your recommendations for the brand with the fullest coverage? I'm used to wearing full cover liquids, and I'm so afraid I won't be able to find that coverage with the mmu.

Thanks for all your postings!! They're really helping out!!!

Don't be afraid to try different methods of application and tools to get the look you want.

For me personally, I have very dry skin and actually find that doing a bit of emu oil mixed with water before application actually make the minerals look more skin-like. I also love the damp application using a red cleansing sponge. It gives very skin like appearance BUT it doesn't work with all foundations. So try mixing and matching techniques and tools until you find your signature look.

* Swirly bowl as Shadomere suggested is great in several ways- the shape "loads" brushes better and also keeps brushes in better condition. I found that sometimes the lids of minerals cut or damaged the brush bristles.

* I like these spice jars I found for my foundation because they have adjustable lids so I can control the amount of minerals coming out. On regular jars, try only cutting open a few holes. This also makes travel easier because a small piece of tape over the open holes will keep minerals below sifter.

*Think out of the box--- I've heard people use everything from baby plates, artist pallets , paint wells for storing and using minerals better.

*a great scoop for samples in baggies--- a baby spoon.

Creative Ice,

It’s hard to say what brand has the fullest coverage. Things like skin color and chemistry make a big difference on finding the correct mineral makeup foundation. Many brands have full coverage foundation, how it will look on your skin can only be found out through testing.

You will probably get more responses if you post a thread under the main section. Don’t forget to search I think we have a thread about makeup coverage

This is probably mostly for the pale……….Because mineral makeup is so pigmented it is pretty easy to end up with too much blush on looking like a clown. It’s easy to fix, just take your foundation brush and buff over your cheeks, if this doesn’t work add a touch of foundation to your brush and buff again. This should remove the shocking color.

Latest posts

Back