Sign in to follow this  
CellyCell

Anyone Use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish?

Either the duo or original one?

Do you use it alone or what... what's the outcome, is it matte, gives decent coverage?

Is it recommended for someone like me who has combination skin? Everywhere but my nose and forehead are dry - the t-zone is oily. I have Studio Fix and while it gives good coverage, on my dry area - it made it look more dry. So that's why I stick to liquid foundation but MS looks so tempting to buy and I really wanna keep my face wearing minimum products eventually.

TIA.

I both both and I really like the original one, without the highlighter powder thing more. It gives a good matte finish, but at the same time it gives you this really subtle glow. I dont like to wear it alone because it dosent really cover that much. I wear a really light layer of the MAC full coverage foundation and then put this stuff on top. Its great as a setting powder.

It gives a really natural finish, but definitely doesn't offer the same coverage as Studio Fix. The Minerlize loose one offers more coverage than MSFN.

I use the MSFN over my MMU, and it gives me a pretty matte look. I do however prefer MAC Blot Powder for oil/shine control.

I bought the duo and found that the coverage just didn't do enough for me. And I wasn't totally sold on the highlighter either, so I ended up returning it. Never tried the original, though.

So basically its best usage is setting your foundation or whatever you have underneath?

Like I can say it's like tinted moisturizer, but mineralization powder version of it?

I remember my MUA says she would buff a lot on to create more coverage but everything else I forgot...

thanks

I've heard of girls who can use it alone as a foundation. I'm guessing they have flawless skin to begin with though... No idea there, but a lot of girls love using it with their 182, which is what I use.

182 brush? I need to marry Bill Gates before I buy that, haha.

I've noticed some girls just wearing that too and their skin looks so damn natural, luckiness!

Thanks, Ashley. I only wear liquid foundation to cover my acne scars which are fading. I've always been curious about this since a lot of MAs and folks really love it.

I love mine. I use it over my tinted moisturiser and sometimes on its own. My skin is normal-oily so unless you actually have dry skin/flaky skin I would say that MSF would be fine. It gives a beautiful finish and your skin feels like silk. smile.gif

I've heard that there's a difference in coverage that people have noticed between the original MSF natural and the duo (the original has better coverage). Have other people found this? I have the original so I wasn't interested in the duo. I don't mean to hijack the thread, I just thought I'd ask here since it's relevant.

Is it, now? It'd make sense because half the duo is just for highlighting purposes, ain't it? So it's outcome won't be as much as the original?

Originally Posted by Aquilah View Post
I've heard of girls who can use it alone as a foundation. I'm guessing they have flawless skin to begin with though... No idea there, but a lot of girls love using it with their 182, which is what I use.
My best friend uses hers as foundation and her skin, forgive me for saying, is nowhere near perfect. But when she has this one, it looks so natural and nice. But then again... she does have to touch up a lot =/

i use mmsf over studio fix fluid...

helps to set and blend foudation very well.. i also use it with my 182..

I don't like wearing foundation so I used both alone as a foundation. The mate and duo one and I used to like the old one but now think I love the duo one because my skin right now is getting drier than ever. So I like the semi mate look much better now.

As for brush I think you can use cheaper kabuki/top flat brush for the powder application. I'm currently using Mac 182, EDM and Alima.

For coverage, IMO it has less coverage compare to regular foundation but it gives the most natural look ever to me.

Thanks for the info, everyone.

My only skin problem at the moment is old acne scarring which are fading. So hopefully, when it's clear - I would switch to this. I really want my face to look it's most naturalist but even things out a bit with some makeup. It'll be on my list of things to look into at the MUT meet up in the MAC pro store this OCT...