Green Eyeshadow & Under-eye Circles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone else that suffers from dark under-eye circles, ever notice that certain eyeshadow colors seem to emphasize them?

I think when I wear purple shadow it does this, which is a shame since I really like it....and I recently noticed Green does this as well......probably far worse then purple!

Anyone else have this problem?

Should I just not wear these 2 colors?

Yeah, I said that about blues with my circles. Everyone said I was being too hard on myself, but I can see how certain shades can emphasize the circles.

I tend to have really bad circles, too. I've never really noticed green giving me any problems, but it seems like I have trouble wearing purple. I know there is one color that gives me trouble, but I can't put my finger on it right now.

i also have dark undereye circles, but i never noticed it got worse with some colors.

Mine seem to look worse with green but only if I use just greens. Weirdly if I blend it from black to green instead of dark green to light green it doesn't look as bad.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha, mine look equally bad with all colours it seems... Same.
No matter how much sleep I always have dark circles under my eyes. Once in a blue moon do the bags go away, but not much seems to cover them up.

i have to be careful about a certain shade of purple, it doesn't bring out the dark circles, but as i tend to apply this color (otherwise gorgeous) on the lid only, it makes me look tired. like it shrinks my eyes and makes them look longer.

i try to use lots of concealer until i'm sure no dark circle is visible, and i also use a good amount of highlighter on top of the cheeks to counteract the effect.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha, mine look equally bad with all colours it seems... mine to
unsure.gif

Well at least it seems like I'm not alone!! LoL

Quote:
have you tried using salmon or orange concealer? NO. I have a regular drugstore brand concealor....NYC in light....Are there different shades of pink and orange? I've seen a green one before, not sure what that does.What is the difference between salmon pink, and orange? (are they for different skin colors?) I'm quite pale.

Quote:
Mine seem to look worse with green but only if I use just greens. Weirdly if I blend it from black to green instead of dark green to light green it doesn't look as bad. This is exactly my problem. I really love how green looks on me, and when I wear it along with pinks and purples or the 'barbie loves mac' look, it looks great! Really pretty.When I try only greens (2-3 shades) it looks hot for the first hour......then my dark circles really start showing.....weird huh?

Quote:
No matter how much sleep I always have dark circles under my eyes. Once in a blue moon do the bags go away, but not much seems to cover them up. Same here, I sleep more then enough, I have dark circles no matter what.....

RED! Anything with a red in it makes my eyes look insanely tired and my undereye circles darker. I can wear any color fine as long as it doesn't contain any major red undertones. Same as orange, it just washes me out and makes me look sick.

when I use highlighter on top of the cheeks it makes the dark circle worse, and brown eye shadow.

hate you dark circle

Back