Which is your best staying power foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says, which is your best staying power foundation that makes it last long on your face for hours...

TIA

emma

So far I had tried only EDM & silk naturals.Silk naturals stay longer & my face don't feel that oily.I am still waiting for my Lumiere & AN sample. Hope I like their foundation....
smile.gif

Lauress has good staying power (especially if you use a formula that works with your skin type)

EDM melted off in a few hours for me.

Those are the only two I've really put through the ringer. lol

dreamworld and silknaturals have the greates stay power.

but If I use in a good primer every mineral foundation that I use staying on my face.

Meow pampered puss stays on the whole day for me.

I start my day by applying my LRP sunscreen, allowing it to absorb, followed by a layer of balancing powder from EDM, and lastly buff Meow's foundation on with my MAC 187.

I have oily skin! and a 34 degree climate with high humidity. My record was application at 7am in the morning, working for a full day, having dinner at a crowded restaurant and attending a night seminar till 9pm. Reached home at 10pm, the foundation was still matte and intact!

Do give it a shot. So far I tried Alima and EDM, both failed to stay matte on my oily/combi skin and climate.

A word of caution though, Meow is moving their facilities so shipping time is delayed. I ordered my full sizes on Sunday and up till today (Fri) I have not recieved any shipping notices
frown.gif

If you want to try Meow I suggest you buy a small foundation instead of a sample. The samples are really too small to try. This is just my opinion as I don't know how the foundation performs unless I've tried in for at least 4-5 days.

Fyrinnae superpower foundation is by far the best I've tried - great coverage, last all day and doesn't change color, highly recommended!
smile.gif

I've heard from multiple sources that Monave is the best for this.

I've not tried Monave, although I should, since many of the brands don't last that well on me.

Silk Naturals doesn't stay on me at all. Lumiere doesn't stay on that great either. I love how my skin and makeup look in general when I leave the house in the morning wearing Lumiere products, but regrettably it just doesn't last.

EDM is patchy by noon too.

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard from multiple sources that Monave is the best for this.I've not tried Monave, although I should, since many of the brands don't last that well on me.

Silk Naturals doesn't stay on me at all. Lumiere doesn't stay on that great either. I love how my skin and makeup look in general when I leave the house in the morning wearing Lumiere products, but regrettably it just doesn't last.

Hi carmonious!how are you?

Monave's foundation is great. but if its too pricey for you, you can try TMM - its Monave's reseller.

I recommend on a good primer before the foundi and that way you have a great stay power.

Originally Posted by saitoyf /img/forum/go_quote.gif So far I had tried only EDM & silk naturals.Silk naturals stay longer & my face don't feel that oily.I am still waiting for my Lumiere & AN sample. Hope I like their foundation....
smile.gif
thanks for your reply. I have tried EDM cld find a match but than it becomes greasy aft a while. Im hesistant to try SN due to its silk. Lumiere is not bad ... this MM does not break out so much on me...but staying power not that much but still btr than EDM. Pls let us know hows your AN samples are.

Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monave stays on for a very long time Alica but this doesnt work for me..it turns out to be greasy aft a while and I look washed out, also cant figure out the colour match...

Originally Posted by sheltienut /img/forum/go_quote.gif Meow pampered puss stays on the whole day for me.
I start my day by applying my LRP sunscreen, allowing it to absorb, followed by a layer of balancing powder from EDM, and lastly buff Meow's foundation on with my MAC 187.

I have oily skin! and a 34 degree climate with high humidity. My record was application at 7am in the morning, working for a full day, having dinner at a crowded restaurant and attending a night seminar till 9pm. Reached home at 10pm, the foundation was still matte and intact!

shelti - thanks for your reply. I have not tried this one yet..I find it very hard when I go to the page..am lost with colour shade. oily skin and climate..same as mine..guess shld try this...

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard from multiple sources that Monave is the best for this.I've not tried Monave, although I should, since many of the brands don't last that well on me.

Hi carmon - I agree with you with regards to monave and EDM. Lumiere atleast last me a few hours...btr at night than day cos the heat and humidness.

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Fyrinnae superpower foundation is by far the best I've tried - great coverage, last all day and doesn't change color, highly recommended!
smile.gif
Agree that fyrinnae foundie is good but i am still finding my colour match. I got to go back to fyrinnae to try enough.

So far cory's seem to last enough for me..but I cld not get a colour match..emailed the owner 3 weeks ago but no reply. despite sending her reminders to help me with the shade....I will keep trying though...cos her foundie last in my super hot country.

Longest lasting in my experience thus far is Monave, Cory, and Aubrey Nicole

Back