So I bought a dress...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to Dillards to get the pink one I posted a thread about, and they didn't have it
frown.gif
...so much for worrying about being too old for it. There were a few others I liked when I looked at the site and they didn't have any of those either...it's a very small Dillards. Most of their dresses were either long prom-ish evening gowns or floral cotton daytime looking things. I found 4 or 5 I really liked and tried them on. I liked this one the least on the hanger, but I decided to buy it because while I loved the other ones I tried they just looked so predictable...exactly the same styles or colors as things I've worn before. Blue was the last color I planned on wearing, and I never wear shiny clothes because shine tends to have a plumping effect that I'd rather avoid
biggrin.gif
...I decided to make an exception though since I didn't think it would be too bad.

I definitely do NOT plan on wearing these shoes w/ it, and obviously I'll be wearing makeup and have my hair fixed when I wear it...I'm quite sick right now and feel like a bag of manure so I took my makeup off right when I got home.

Oh yeah...what color/style shoes do you think would look best with this? I'm bad at making decisions
biggrin.gif

2wc49zn.jpg

Oh...I had to buy it from Dillards because I didn't want to make a long trip and the mall I went to is quite tiny.

LOL I cant believe thats you feeling like a bag of manure! That made me laugh!

I love the dress. Love it. Its very different and so sexy. As for shoes, I don't know really, Id probably pick simple black or silver heels, maybe something with some rhinestones...

Or if you wanted to go crazy with it I could see it with a unique pair of pink heels too. That isn't my style though lol.

Silver does sound good...it's going on my options list
biggrin.gif

Francesca, I'm going to try it with a hot pink pair of shoes to see how I like it. I like that idea. I like wearing heels that contrast with my tops, but I'm usually wearing jeans so the full shoe isn't visible.

First of all...the dress is gorgeous and suits you really well! You look absolutely stunning.

Secondly...I like the idea of silver as well but you could also do a simple black sandel...think clean lines, skinny stiletto heel, etc.

I actually don't mind those shoes with the dress... if you accessorized with black I think it could look quite good.

I totally agree that silver would look gorgeous, so might gold.

It's quite a hard colour to match things with! white might look trashy, so might red or matching... I guess silver would look the best
smile.gif

Yeah, I thought that in this case matching would look a bit dated in a bad way(80s promish?)

yeah... that's what I think too, LOL (and, where would you even find shoes to match that?!)

Tiffany, great looking dress, it very much suits you, I'd wear some strappy heels with it, as others suggested silver is a good possibility or black.

Love the dress Tiffany!
smile.gif

I'd go with either a strappy silver heel or even black. A black wedge with a bow would look cute.

wow! super hot tiffany! i agree with the silver shoes, but i think a peep toe rather than a strappy with this one. jmho~

That dress is gorgeous. I really liked the pink one that you posted before and it's a bummer that you couldn't get it but this is lovely as well.

I agree that it would look great with a pair of silver heels.

Back