Lindsay 'Betrayed' by 'Bully' Dad's Anti-Samantha Tirade

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So far, 2008 has been a big improvement over 2007 for Lindsay Lohan, with nary a DUI bust, car crash or trip to rehab. Alas, instead of saluting her positive steps forward, the actress's blabbermouth, attention-seeking dad is criticizing her life choices, including her joined-at-the-hip status with DJ Samantha Ronson, a move that has left his famous offspring fuming.

"People like Samantha Ronson don't need to be around Lindsay," Michael Lohan rails to E! News. "She shouldn't be dragging Lindsay around nightclubs. Who was Samantha Ronson before Lindsay Lohan? She was nobody. She is using her for her own gain. All these people have inserted themselves into her life like parasites, and it's not right. I'm done with them."

(Or is it vice versa, given Lindsay's frequent estrangement from her media-courting, coattail-riding pop? Also, it should be noted that Ronson had established her DJ cred before her connection to Lindsay made headlines.)

splash_240.jpg
Lindsay and Samantha share a moment on Diddy's yacht last May.

Anyhoo, Papa Lohan, who says he's unofficially engaged to his seemingly rose-colored-glasses-wearing girlfriend, Erin Muller (one hold-up: He's still awaiting the results of a paternity test), is also miffed over rumors that Ronson may be planning to pen an autobiography with passages about LiLo.

"Samantha's a control freak and she's using Lindsay to further her career," he huffs to photo agency X17 about the tell-all chatter. "Lindsay's been sold out by so many people in the past, Sam would just be another name on the list. ... A person can be a drug, and Sam is a drug. She's very controlling and manipulative, and it's not a healthy relationship for Lindsay."

As for his ex-wife Dina -- who joined Lindsay, 22, for dinner in New York a few days back with Sam, 31, and her mom -- he has a pot-and-kettle moment as he criticizes her parenting skills.

"I blame a lot of Lindsay's problems on Dina," snipes Michael. "She's two-faced and plays both sides of the coin. She tells me it's important to get Sam out of Lindsay's life and then she turns around and has dinner with them!"

And even though he appears incapable of doing even the smallest kindness for his daughter by, oh, we don't know, not ranting about her to the press, he insists he'd be willing "to sacrifice my own life to get Sam out of Lindsay's."

The starlet, however, appears to want to him to take that offer and shove it somewhere very uncomfortable.

In a posting on her MySpace page in which she describes her current mood as "betrayed," Lindsay takes her dad to task for his rants, calling him out as "a public embarrassment and a bully -- to my family, my co-workers, my friends, and a girl that means the world to me (it's obvious who that is)."

Challenges LiLo, "If you have something to say to me, say it to my face -- that's what I have believed my whole life. Don't be a coward and say it to others first, let alone all the media in the world."

She adds that what he's done "really hurts, because I have tried -- after all that my mother and siblings have gone through -- I really tried to make things work for the hope of having a father again ..."

But Lindsay vents that her dad "has no idea what is going on in my life because I have chosen not to involve him in it. His recent attack on my life and my loved ones is simply for an ADDICTION THAT HE HAS -- FAME. ... If he really cared about me and my life, then he would learn to respect my wishes by staying out of it."

She declares, "Samantha has not and would never sell me out, nor has my mother, who is wonderful ... I'm not going to engage any further, though I probably could go on. I have said enough. I have a therapist, and it is not the camera man at X17."

Meanwhile, Sam also took to her MySpace blog, labeling her mood as "bullied" and maintaining she's no longer angry with Lohan for his "attack" but instead pities him.

"I am not standing in his way," she writes. "I am not the reason that he has no contact with his daughter. He is. His need to throw a tantrum for the whole world to hear is. I am not going to go into a play-by-play defense. I feel no need to publicly defend my role in Lindsay's life. I'm just sorry that she likes me more than him."

She also adamantly denies that she's writing a book.

"I'm not the one that is so lost that I need to use my relationship with Lindsay to earn a living," seethes Ronson. "I am, always will and always have been here for her for her -- not for anything else. So, I think it's safe to say that there is not now and never will be a tell-all written by me. When does your book come out, Mr. Lohan?" This is the second time in a month that the born-again jailbird has run his mouth about Lindsay's relationship with Ronson. Michael also responded to engagement rumors by pointing out, "I don't think she'd ask me to walk her down the aisle. She knows about my [Christian] faith ... she just wouldn't ask."

Source: MSN Entertainment - Hot Gossip

From what I've seen Lindsey has been a lot better since Samantha came on the scene and whatever their relationship actually is it seems to have benefited her and she isn't out of control like she used to be.

I've seen a lot less photos of her out nightclubbing since she met Samantha which can only be a good thing since her stint in rehab.

I think this is another case of a media whore father. Just like Amy Winehouses dad who is always on TV, in tabloids and on the radio talking about his daughter when he could be with her helping her sort out her life
rolleyes.gif

Personally, I think they should all just keep their mouths shut, and stop throwing everything out in the press. I think her dad gets the worst rap, if you ask me, her mom is just as bad as her dad.

I could see how Lindsay's new relationship might have a negative affect on her career.

Wait a second, Lindsay has no talent - guess she's tanking her own career all by herself.

Back