Is 15 too young for makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
tell me. your thoughts.
smile.gif

I think it's fine if the teen wears a little mascara, eyeshadow and gloss. I don't think the teen should start wearing a full on face until she gets a bit older. IMHO

15 is fine, but like kcam said it should be a bit more scaled back. Neutrals and such.

I think it's fine. I already loved my black eyeliner and used it regularly then
biggrin.gif

I started wearing makeup when i turned 15, so i think its fine as long as it's natural/neutral colors
smile.gif

I have an eighteen year old, and I let her wear makeup at fifteen.. I think it worked out, you just have to be careful.

I started applying it at around age 10, but I didn't going out like that... I think 15 is fine for wearing makeup out and about, as long as it's not too heavy

As long as it's not overkill. When you're that you shouldn't be worrying about how your makeup looks or buying expensive new stuff - especially since you probably don't have a job yet depending where you live...neutral colors are fine, but nothing too heavy or "sexy."

Well I guess I broke the rules. I started off with a little makeup when I was around 13. By 14 and 15 I wore a full face everyday. I didnt have so much self esteem then though, and Im ashamed how bad my smoky eye looked back then lol. But I rocked it everyday.

Its my life so I did what I wanted...

I loved lots of brown eyeliner and nude lipgloss when I was younger. Foundation might be a bit much because usually the younger your skin is the more flawless it is.

I started wearing makeup at age 17. But I do think its okay to wear makeup at age 15.

As long as is neutrals. Stay away from bright colors and dark lipsticks.

15 is totally fine for make up.

I started wearing it about age 12- and that was the age of punk rockand Joan Jett with the heavy black all the way around the eye liner- didn't have much of my own but went to school and in the locker room we all put our stuff together and had more than enough, lol!

Ohhh the hygiene, ha ha!!

My daughter started wearing it about 13-14, I think. Nothing big, just mascara and gloss. She's 22 now and she still wears about the same- mascara, lip gloss.

I think it's absolutely fine. I started wearing makeup at about 12 or 13 but at that time it was only mascara, lip gloss and a bit of eyeshadow. I gradually moved on to other things as my skills improved but didn't wear foundation till I was 16. Most of the girls I know start wearing makeup from a pretty young age and it doesn't seem to have done them any harm.

i think it's fine...that was when I started applying it (a liiittle bit too heavy on the black eyeshadow though loool i was very grunge-y)...I'm 23 now, and i still don't wear foundation (only for special occasions) so my complexion is still ok...just be careful to use natural products that fit your skin and you'll be fine! have fun!

I started wearing it everyday when I was about 11 or 12. I started light but escalated to heavy full face in a year or two. But I've always kept it pretty tasteful, except for the dark eyeshadow I'd smear on during my rebel streak in 8th grade.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back