Toning/strength training question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love exercising, well I guess I should say I love cardio...that's all I do fitness-wise. I guess I need to change that though. I think I've got a case of skinny fat(I know I'm not all that skinny, but I don't know what else to call it since I'm not overweight). I'm not bubbling at the sides and gut or anything like that, but if you were to poke me it would be like poking a marshmallow
marchmellow.gif
. Anyways, I was curious about how long it took you to see results once you started strength training. I know it's different for everyone, but I'd like a general idea of when I'd start seeing improvement if I kept at it regularly.

And which do you all prefer doing...cardio or toning...like which one is more bearable to you? I'm curious since the people I've asked before hate cardio but love weights and all that kinda stuff.

once i had a good cardio routine adding weight training stepped my results within 60 days. i began to see things tightening and lifting quite quickly. i wish i could go back to my trainer. i miss her terribly.
bawling.gif

I think its obviously different for everyone as it depends on how much body fat you actually have. The muscles are located under the fat so you have to have a balance of both cardio to burn the fat and weights to tone the muscle. Its the difference you see in tightly packed abs. For abs to show really well definition you have to have a really low body fat ratio from what I've read. Having that said, if you stick to a routine, i believe the appropriate amount of time to see the start of some results is 30 days.

If you're as bad as me, when i started my routine for the first time, I walked 1.5 mininum per day and cut out all junk food and tried to eat healthy. I was seeing results in a matter of two weeks! My health habits are that bad lol but I'm definitely getting my motivation from all these post
wink.gif

Back