MAC Mineral Line Expansion (October 16th, 2008)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, word has it on October 16th MAC will be putting out it's new display of mineral items: eyeshadows (MES), blushes, skin finishes, Satinfinish foundation, etc.

Word also has it that the MES will be out for 6 mths. before retired and then a new set is released. Gold Deposit will be re-released and made PERMANENT!!! As will the new MSF, Soft and Gentle. Six of the current mineral blushes are rumored to be made permanent as well I believe (Nuance & Pleasantry are not).

Anywho! This is the preliminary info:

Quote:
Mineralized SPF15 Foundation - Loose (Repromote) - $29.00USDAll Shades

Mineralize Satinfinish SPF15 Foundation (Repromote) - $28.0USD

All Shades

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Repromote) - $25.00USD

Light

Light Medium

Medium

Medium Plus

Medium Deep

Medium Dark

Dark

Deep Dark

Mineralize Skinfinish - $25.00SUD

Soft and Gentle - Gilded peach bronze (New and permanent)

Gold Deposit - (Repromote and permanent)

Mineralize Eye Shadow Duos - $17.50USD

Engaging - Pink beige and yellow gold with rose veining (Repromote from Antiquitease)

Earthly Riches - Deep plum and deep grey with pink veining (Repromote from Antiquitease)

Family Silver - Light and mid-tone silver with gold veining (Repromote from Antiquitease)

Heat/Element - Rich yellow gold /Rusty red brown (Repromote from A Muse)

Illusionary/Burning Ambition - White gold with gold pearlized pigments / Chocolate brown with soft gold pearlized pigments (Repromote from A Muse)

Brightside/Gallery Gal - Champagne gold / Soft olive green (Repromote from A Muse)

Mineralize Blushes - $18.50USD

Gleeful - Deep, dirty-blue pink with gold pearl

Dainty - Yellow pink with gold pearl

Warm Soul - Mid-tone beige with gold

Love Joy - Mid-tone brown with gold pearl

Gentle - Raspberry with gold pearl

Love Thing - Dirty burgundy with gold pearl

Brushes: (Repromotes)

#109 Small Contour Brush - $32.0USD

#182 Buffer Brush - $45.00USD

#187 Duo Fibre Brush - $42.00USD

#188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush - $34.00USD

#190 Foundation Brush - $32.00USD

#217 Blending Brush - $22.50USD

#239 Eye Shading Brush - $24.50USD

SOURCE

Well, I missed all the duos last time. But I'm not sure I'll be getting to a MAC any time soon to see them.

So is petticoat and so ceylon coming back like they were supposed to, or is that a different collection. I'm a little confused. Thanks for posting Aquilah!

a lot of repromotes i see.

ive also noticed they have uped the amount of mineral lines this year too.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif So is petticoat and so ceylon coming back like they were supposed to, or is that a different collection. I'm a little confused. Thanks for posting Aquilah! MAC is releasing their mineral line to be permanent based on what I know. So Ceylon and Petticoat are part of the Sheer Minerals collection, which is being released in conjunction with the new permanent mineral display.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC is releasing their mineral line to be permanent based on what I know. So Ceylon and Petticoat are part of the Sheer Minerals collection, which is being released in conjunction with the new permanent mineral display. Thanks! I can be excited about the msf's then... I don't have any of those. Can't wait!
smile.gif

This is going to sound weird, but...

Is this going to be a mineral mineral collection? (Like, real MMU comparable to the MMU companies in the MMU forum)

Or is it just...loose foundation with a few more minerals thrown in, but the same as "traditional" make-up (only loose instead of liquid)?

I have really bad luck with traditional make-up, so that's why I'm asking. I break out something fierce if I wear regular make-up more than 1 day at a time.

This also goes for the Mineralize Eyeshadows and Mineralize Skinfinishes -- are they real (pressed) minerals or just...regular and stuff?

(Sorry!)

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is going to sound weird, but...
Is this going to be a mineral mineral collection? (Like, real MMU comparable to the MMU companies in the MMU forum)

Or is it just...loose foundation with a few more minerals thrown in, but the same as "traditional" make-up (only loose instead of liquid)?

I have really bad luck with traditional make-up, so that's why I'm asking. I break out something fierce if I wear regular make-up more than 1 day at a time.

This also goes for the Mineralize Eyeshadows and Mineralize Skinfinishes -- are they real (pressed) minerals or just...regular and stuff?

(Sorry!)

I don't really know. But...I wouldn't count on MAC to be making a "real" mmu line. IMO they tend to dabble in a little bit of everything. Maybe when it launches you can check out the ingredients on the website or do a live chat with an MA and see what they tell you. hth

^ I think that's what I'll have to do. I'm pretty sure it'll be better than regular MU for me, but on the other hand, I don't want to risk it and have a huge breakout. >.>

Thanks!

Not really comparable, but not too bad:

Active Ingredient: titanium dioxide 7.00%

Ingredients: Mica, Hordeum Distichon(barley) extract, triti*** vulgare (wheat) germ oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, methicone, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin [+/- titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, zinc oxide]

I thought that 'real' MMU only had a few ingredients. What's the point of just throwing a couple of mineral ingredients into regular makeup?!

I know for a fact their eyeshadows arent "real" MMU. It's called mineralized instead of mineral, so they dont pretend to be mineral makeup.

Back