Anyone else that's pretty much "over" MAC?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last few collections haven't jumped at me. I honestly think the last thing I bought anything from was Fafi, although I did snag two e/s from Neo Sci-Fi from a friend, and I'm getting two mineral blushes in swaps.

I think the novelty of MAC has just worn off on me. I'm finding I prefer NARS, Stila and Bobbi Brown much more now, as well as Laura Mercier. MAC has way too many collections anymore which just seem to be full of repromotes.

Anyone else feeling like this? Where you're either totally over MAC, or it's just the very select few items that catch your eye?

(Of course, the MSFs and pigments will always be definite purchases by me LOL!)

I don't think I was ever into MAC lol, some of their collections look pretty but honestly most of them look the same~ i did like electro flash...but I've never bought that many MAC items to begin with so it's like whatever for me haha

Their collections haven't been all that great lately, and they've been having way too many. So I just buy a little here and there. Like you, definitely the MSF's and the piggies.

I haven't been all over a collection since Barbie, to be honest. I might be into the Red She Said, but we'll see. If they do end up having the Hello Kitty collection in February, I may buy about everything, though! lol!

Yeah I agree. I havent really bought alot from a collection since the Barbie Collection.

Ive always been a Stila girl anyway.

i'm pretty much over their eyeshadows...

the limited edition eyeshadows seem to be dupes of their existing ones...

But i'm not done with their blushers, msfs and pigments. heheh

Yeah, I am just not excited about anything. The few things I have gotten recently(mineralized blush, electroflash eyeshadow) were fun to buy, but over time I felt like I paid too much for what I got. I ended up returning the eyeshadow because I didn't like all the fallout and having to apply it wet, and the blush tends to fade and it isn't quite as pigmented as my NYX mosaic blushes. I am starting to feel like I have fallen a bit into the hype. I do still love my eyeshadows, but have found many disappointments lately(my technakohl liners aren't that great) in their other products.

The collections always look pretty on a computer screen but, taking in account the price of each item, i find they don't look so good IRL. i am happy with the few stuff i have, but i often go see elsewhere for a dupe instead of just buying the item. Especially for shadows.

I've never bought anything from MAC but I like checking out different brands new collections and lately the MAC collections haven't seemed very exciting. It's not that they're BAD it's just that they look really similar to their past collections. Kinda...blah.

I haven't looked or had the urge to look at their LE collections since Heatherette.

Last week when I went to the MAC store in over 3 months, I totally forgot they had a new collection - saw it for like 10 seconds and left. I'm more interested in the permanent line or pro store items if anything.

I dunno how people can buy all the stuff in each collection when there are dupes in the permanent line, I came to figure out.

I'm wanting to start my MUFE collection now, haha.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't looked or had the urge to look at their LE collections since Heatherette.Last week when I went to the MAC store in over 3 months, I totally forgot they had a new collection - saw it for like 10 seconds and left. I'm more interested in the permanent line or pro store items if anything.

I dunno how people can buy all the stuff in each collection when there are dupes in the permanent line, I came to figure out.

I'm wanting to start my MUFE collection now, haha.

I don't get it either. I do know there are seriously MAC fans though who will buy anything they put out regardless as to how many dupes there are.

I dont understand why some people feel the need to buy something every time a collection comes out.

Originally Posted by MissBGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've always been over MAC....their prices is what makes me not interested. Haha, same here! Plus you can always find dupes or something like it for less than half the price anyway from different brands!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm over it! I didn't even get into it until Fafi and Heatherette and then that was enough! I'm glad though, because I really can't afford it right now and if I had an addiction, I would find a way to get it!! LOL I'm a Stila girl too! I like that you can get Stila for pretty cheap with value sets and discount sites, and you can't get that with MAC!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah, I'm over it! I didn't even get into it until Fafi and Heatherette and then that was enough! I'm glad though, because I really can't afford it right now and if I had an addiction, I would find a way to get it!! LOL I'm a Stila girl too! I like that you can get Stila for pretty cheap with value sets and discount sites, and you can't get that with MAC! This is true... Which reminds me, I still need to do my Stila Girl entry!

I've never cared that much for MAC. I think it's 'over-rated'......IMHO.

I haven't gotten into MAC, yet.... I'm always behind the curve... lol

Hmm for some reasons I've never been drawn to the collections. I just always find myself heading straight towards the eyeshadows & whatever color catches my attention I grab.

I LOVE MAC and I have my favorites but I wasn't able to get any Heatherette stuff because people went so crazy over it and it sold out right when I had the money to buy anything. Here lately though MAC has been boring me as well. I am a huge drugstore makeup addict though and a lot of drugstore stuff has been catching my attention.

Latest posts

Back