September check-in

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's september 1st here, how's everyone doing ?

I am still waiting for my paycheck, but my no buy is soon going to be over (although for the first paycheck, only the necessary stuff will be bought. almost.lol).

not so hot here, i am not in a long distance relationship and i spent 30 bucks to send my boy a gift and than 150 for the price of tickets, (they were really 300 but my boy paid for the other half)

mm, not too badly... I'm not sure whether to save toward my trip expenses to europe, or language classes! 10 classes is $550, and since you take 2 classes together my first 10 are almost up! I use 4 a week so...
frown.gif

other than that, doing ok! sticking to my budget apart from a slip up here and there!

I didn't do too hot for the Month of August. I'm hoping to make it through September (and the rest of this year) without buying anything. At least I can say I haven't bought any unnecessary things in September so far.
tongue.gif

Trying not to spend my money on cosmetics is hard!! There is so much out there that I want...but I want move out and get an apartment more than beauty, so I guess that's the sacrifice I have to make.
frown.gif

Ok whatever I failed!!
lol.gif

Bought something yesterday and I can't wait to get it. I just couldn't help myself.

Well, I made it one week without buying any cosmetics. I actually started writing down everything I spend my money on (unnecessary spending). This week, I've only spent about $2.50 on a ring tone. I know, dumb purchase, but I really liked the song. I barely ever buy ring tones, and I was tired of Alicia Keys' "No One".

This no buy thing sucks. I got some money today, and I REALLY wanted to try some of those mehron paradise aq palettes. I also saw a UD eyeliner gift set, and I was also thinking of getting all the Jesse's girl eye dusts instead. Blah, I have too many responsibilities right now to spend my money on makeup. I have tons of pharmacy school applications, and the fees are crazy. I also need to go full force on my diet again, which I need to stock up on "diet" food. My future and health is more important than makeup. Plus, all the stuff I want isn't stupid LE stuff like MAC, so it'll still be around. I'm proud of myself, so I'm going to stick with my No Buy.

Oh, I just wanted to give a tip (it's probably pretty obvious). Like I stated above, I was looking and trying to choose between those three products. If you're really wanting something, try and find dupes for it in your own collection. I was able to find some pretty good dupes in my collection for the Paradise aq palettes. Plus, I have a lot of options for bases as it is. I don't need any more. I also have enough eyeliners and pigments/loose eyeshadows too. I need to use up what I have before I get more, and I need to get my money in order before I waste it on stuff I don't need.
tongue.gif

don't start me on diets, lol. A no-buy and a no-bad-food at the same time would be too much for me, haha!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif don't start me on diets, lol. A no-buy and a no-bad-food at the same time would be too much for me, haha! Trust me I know. I actually think I transferred my bad food addiction to my makeup addiction. It's good for my waistline but awful for my pockets. I've been kind of slipping on my diet though, but I'm going to spend my money on stocking up on healthier food than makeup. Makeup is more fun though.
tongue.gif

So far the only thing I have bought make-up wise this month is Rimmel's Glam Eyes mascara. I REALLY, REALLY want one of those UD liner gift sets, but I guess I'm just gonna have to miss out on it this time, and hope there is something similar around Christmas time.

I am trying to save for real estate school next month, plus my hours are cut in half at work because we're in the off-season now... so gahhh, no make-up for a while.

I am going to be buying the healthy sexy hair shampoo and conditioner tomorrow though, which is a tiny bit pricier than I normally spend, but it got good reviews... so yeah, I gotta splurge. And then that's it!

Just wanted to post to check it. It's been 10 days since I bought any makeup. I have a confession though. I ordered something last night, but I cancelled the order this morning. I cancelled it because I didn't have enough money in my account, and I don't get paid until Monday. I'm happy I cancelled it though. I knew it was going to be the first of many purchases if I didn't cancel. There were 10 other things that I was going to buy. Now, I just decided to stick to my no buy. I want to prove to myself that I can be strong enough to make it. I had a minor mess up, but I fixed it. It's like being on a diet, and ordering a hamburger, but throwing it away. It doesn't count.
tongue.gif

I *almost* made it.... lol.

What I've bought this month: Glam Eyes mascara and from sales on specktra I have bought a 15-pan palette and Smoke & Diamonds, Nylon, Parrot, Chrome Yellow, Humid, Nile and Pagan

and through swaps - I got Haunting e/s, UD e/s in Green Goddess, UD liner in Electric, Viva Glam II lipstick, Burnin lipstick, pigment samples in Melon, Dark Soul, Chocolate Brown, and Platinum and a VS perfume in Pure Seduction....

now I am just waiting on all the packages!
lol.gif

Back