Before You Buy Makeup On Ebay - !!read This!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a list of the fake makeup currently being sold on ebay--

It's not complete but I tried to get most stuff. I've been doing some research to see how bad makeup counterfeiting is .. and turns out, its really bad!

So don't think that they can't make fake fluidline, or that they only fake MAC! They even fake the obscure items. Basically, I would only buy mineral makeup off ebay, cuz theres lots of those small mineral makeup companies. Buying expensive stuff on ebay for a cheaper price just doesnt work. The fakers can give it to you for much cheaper than legitimate people trying to sell their unused stuff.

MAC:

1.The mac single eyeshadow

2.The mac pigment

3.The mac 12 color eyeshadow

5.The mac foundation

6.mac eye pencil/lipliner

7.mac mascars

8.mac liquid eyeliner

9.mac lipstick

"10,mac lipgloss

"10,mac powder blush

11.mac prep+prime

"12,mac 4 color eyeshadow

"13.mac 7 brush set

"14.mac 8 brush set

"15.mac 9 brush set

16.mac 15 brush set

17.mac 18 brush set

18.mac 24 brush set

19.mac eye pencil with small brush

20.mac 3 colors eyeshadow

21.mac 10 colors cream eyeshadow

22.mac 2 colors eyeshadow

lancome:

1.lancome lipgloss

2.lancome mascara)

3.lancome secret de vie cream (50ml)

4.lancome absolue yeux eye cream (20ml)

5.lancome renergie cream (50ml)

6.lancome hydra zen cream (50ml)

7.lancome absolue cream (50ml)

8.lancome eye pencil

9.lancome brush

dior

capture totale concertre multi-perfection (50ml)

capture wrinkle eye cream(15ml)

capture wrinkle cream for day

capture night cream (50ml)

5.dior 5 color eyeshadow

6.dior mascara

7.dior eyebrow pencil with brush

8.dior snow pure or lipgloss

chanel:

1.chanel 4 color eyeshadow

2.chanel 6 color eyeshadow

3.chanel 9 color eyeshadow

4.chanel powderle)

5.chanel lipgloss

6 chanel lipstick

7.chanel mascara

8.chanel make up brush

9.chanel 5 brush

10.chanel 7 brush

11.chanel 9 brush

12.chanel 24 brush

"13.chanel precision SUBLIMAGE creme regenerante fond amentale essential regenerating cream(poids net 50g,net wt. 1.7Oz.)

"14.chanel precision ULTRA CORRECTION EYE RESTRUCTURANT FERMETE-ANTI-RIDES YEUX RESTRUCTURING ANTI-WRINKLE FIRMING EYE CREAM(poids net 15g,net wt. 0.5Oz.)

"15.chanel precision ECLAT ORIGINEL creme confort,eclat maximum,maximum radiance,comfort cream(poids net 50g,net wt. 1.7Oz.)

"16..chanel precision SYSTEME ECLAT LA BOUSSE MOUSSE NETTOYANTE ECLAT A L'EAU,RADIANCE CLEANSING FOAM FINSE OFF(125ml 5FL.OZ.)

"17.chanel precision ACTIVATEUR TENDRE lotion tendre sans alcool,alcohol-free soothing toner(160ml 5.65FL.OZ.)

nars

1..nars lipgloss or lipstick

2.nars 2 color eyeshadow (gorgeous

3.nars 2 color eyeshadow (simple)

4.nars powder

5.nars blush

6.nars mascara

7.nars eyeliner

8.nars 6 colors eyeshadow

9.nars 12 colors eyeshadow

10.nars 8 colors eyeshadow +2 blush plate

givenchy

1.givenchy 9 color eyeshadow

2.givenchy 4 color blush

3.givenchy powder

4.givenchy lipstick

shiseido

1.shiseido lipstick

2.Shiseido 2 way eyeliner

3.shiseido mascara

4.shiseido bio-performance eye cream (20ml)

5.shiseido bio-performance cream (50ml)

bobbi brown

1.bobbi brown lipgloss

2.bobbi brown foundation powder

3.bobbi brown 12 colors eyeshadow

4.bobbi brown 8 colors eyeshadow

5.bobbi brown 10 colors eyeshadow

Mac pigments most commonly faked

35-jewel marine

37-Night Sparkle

41-GOLD DUST

42-Purple Passion

43-Silver Sparkle

45-Blue Topaz

46-Aquarium Purple

48-White Star

50-Crystal waters (white)

51-Tropical Pink

52-Lime Green

53-Voluptious Orange

56-Sunflower

57-Over the clouds

62-YOUR LADYSHIP

63-Snow White

68-Peach Sparkle

70-pink petal

73-TEAL

75-Lilac Frost

76-VIOLET

77-Sky Blue

80-Storyteller

84-RUSHMETAL

85-COPPER SPARKLE

86-GOLDEN LEMON

88-Orange Crush

89-FUSHSIA

91-Rose Pink

92-Lime Light Green

Mac eyeshadows most commonly faked:

001-juxt sation

002-post haste

003-parfait amour

004-floral fantast

005-surreal

006-tilt

007-contrast velvet

008-chrome yellow

009-glare velvet

010-venus sation

011-tempting

012-romp

013-eye popping

014-star n's rockets

015-digit

016-charcoal brown

017-black tied

018-mylar

019-club

020-gesso

021-bronze

022-parrot

023-swimming

024-parfait amour satin

Please add to this list if you know of any more.. thanks.

By the way: Don't think "well, the real thing is way to expensive, so fakes are the next best thing". I kind of agree when it comes to fake bags / jewelery, but fake makeup can damage your skin. Better go with cheaper brands than fake stuff.

Hope this helped.

Here's a gallery someone who sells fakes uses. Basically if you see it here, it's fake: Picasa Web Albums - cosmeticmakeup

Thanks for sharing. If you got this list from somewhere, please post your source!
smile.gif

a put it together contacting different sellers of fakes on tradekey, alibaba, etc.

Thanks so much 4 this
smile.gif
i was bidding on some supposed MAC brushes just the other day only to find out they were dodgy fakes.... it sux!

Well anyone can fake anything, that's a fact.... but to say that all MAC pigments or all MAC foundations being sold on Ebay are fake.... I can't buy that... And I have no doubt that there are MAC fakes out there.... Be more useful to compile a list of vendors that are selling fakes, in my humble opinion...

I kinda agree with Karren on this one. I don't think everyone on ebay that sells mac is selling fakes but i go with if it's too good to be true, it probably is. I just avoid buying on ebay just in case. Thanks for the list though
wink.gif

i bought a fake clinique eyeshadow on there once, from the colour surge range. it was supposed to be this rich purple shade but it was more brown/pink when it came, didn't blend at all and had no label or seal.
frown.gif

All of the makeup up I ever bought on ebay (which isn't much) has always been real. I have a huge MAC collection that I bought from the stores to know that the stuff I bought on ebay is real. That being said... I don't think I'll ever buy makeup off of ebay again. It's not worth the risk anymore because I don't want to risk getting a fake and MAC to me is very affordable anyway. Thanks for letting us know though.

I got a perfetcly original paint pot off ebay, the girl explained she bought an entire collection for someone who didn't like it, so i too think a list of buyers selling fakes would be more useful.

I think this list is helpful. A lot of people find out about fakes and then they are worried about every product, even special packaging LE ones like Royal Assets, so it's still useful to know what is really commonly faked so you can keep an eye out.

But I also agree that not everything on ebay is fake, but I don't think that's what she's saying at all.

It is hard to make a list of ebay fakers. They're always creating new names and sometimes they don't use the actual picture of what they are selling, so you won't know who is selling fakes until you buy it.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well anyone can fake anything, that's a fact.... but to say that all MAC pigments or all MAC foundations being sold on Ebay are fake.... I can't buy that... And I have no doubt that there are MAC fakes out there.... Be more useful to compile a list of vendors that are selling fakes, in my humble opinion... I agree with Karren and have actually wondered for some time why it is that no one has put a list together "outting" these sellers.

i guess i still wonder how they make that determination if its fake or not.

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif i guess i still wonder how they make that determination if its fake or not. There are lots of small details (and some ridiculously obvious details) that the counterfeiters overlook, like packaging, the text on the product, etc.

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif i guess i still wonder how they make that determination if its fake or not. Differences in packaging, texture and quality.
For example, they've been faking MAC eyeshadows for a long time, so the packaging is almost spot on, but when you depot the eyeshadow, the pan has a ring, and when swatched, the shadow is different from an authentic one.

I have bought Mac off eBay and I later after doing some research discovered some of it was fake, The differences are really very minor, the fakes are hard to tell.

Thanks for the info. I only buy from maccosmetics.com because I'm so afraid of fakes.

Back