Never thought I'd actually go on a no-buy...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
But I have to! I was just going through my box of receipts (when you have a cfo for a father, you tend to pick up habits like this *lol*), and I noticed that in the past two months, I've spent $962.56 on makeup! That's not even including online purchases....I don't even want to think about that. I knew something had to be done when I went into Costco to pick up a cake for my party on Saturday, came out with Smashbox and Stila kits, but NO CAKE! I had to go back! Isn't that crazy??! If I lived on my own (which is my plan for next year), I'd be out on the streets because I would not have ANY rent money!

So, I've decided to go on a 2 month no-buy initially and then extend it to Christmas, if I haven't died from the withdrawal by then. I'm not going to buy anything. Thanks to my crazy need to buy two of everything, I have back-ups for anything I might run out of, so there should be no need for me to even walk into a MAC, Sephora, or Ulta.

I'm going to need all the support in the world... =/

Don't worry! You can do it. I have to go on a nobuy. Maybe think about all the money that's technically going down the drain since I'm sure you won't use up all your stash in anytime soon. That prevented me from making insane purchases
wink.gif

Wow!!! Almost 1,000 bucks on makeup alone!!? That's amazing! I wish you luck with your no-buy.

Good luck! Spending that much means you have plenty to experiment and have fun with while on your no buy. Good luck!
smile.gif

You can do it!!! Maybe just spend some time experimenting with stuff you've just bought might help, like internetchick said. Good luck!! Keep us posted.

Thanks everyone. I plan on experimenting a lot, so I guess that's one good thing that'll come from this no-buy!

Good luck Lola! You can do it, it will be tough, but you have us all here on MUT to support you, we have had lots of members go on really long no buys and they have done really well, if they can do it, you can too!

So far....not so good. I keep forgetting I'm on a no-buy (most likely repression) and buying things. Ugh, it's not even a matter of will-power because I don't try resist at all...I just buy! ARGHH! Hopefully it'll get better....

OMG and it's only been 4 days?!? I must sound pathetic, lol.

LOL You need to take all the cash and credit cards out of your purse!!! Come on Lola!! you can do this!!
smile.gif

LOL, I agree with Karen, leave your cards at home. And try to stay away from make-up stores and isles all together, that way you won't be tempted. That's what I do, cause if I'm not going to the stores or walking down the make-up isle I can't be tempted to buy.

Latest posts

Back