The "I Got Compliment On My... Today" Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know us lovely folks get compliments from time to time. Share your recent compliment from anyone and what was it that you wore!

bootyshake.gif

-------------

Yesterday, I had lunch with a friend and I was talking to him when I lady came up to me and excused herself. Said she was eyeing my makeup from the moment I walked in and had to ask before she left. Haha. It was so cute... she said to close my eyes so she can get an idea of what I did.

I was wearing:

MAC artifact as base - a burgundy paint pot.

Black shadow on outer crease blended inward.

A copper/burgundy color (antiqued) in middle lid and some white shadow for inner eyelid and highlight.

She said it was really pretty and my friend was like, "you ought to be a makeup artist celly." I'm like... "Javier. I DON'T DO CUSTOMERS." And we started laughing.

Anyone else got a compliment? Perhaps their hubby or co-worker... ?

That was really nice of that woman to compliment you Celly. And yes you do have great skills and I like your FOTDS.
smile.gif

I decided to get a manicure today and the esthetician and I were talking about age. I mentioned I am 37 years old. She said no way, you look 24. I was like yay! She complimented on my makeup also which was nice.

I was wearing..

MAC Odd Couple mineralized eyeshadow (gold on lid, purple outer v and crease)

MAC Fluidline- Blacktrack

L'oreal LashOut Mascara- Black

MAC Blush- Mocha

Elizabeth Arden Bronzer

MAC Lipstick- Capricious

You two lovely ladies deserve compliments!! The only thing I got complimented today was I was able to get all my coworkers conectetd to my plotters (moved into the new building today) and I was able to stuff all my crap into my tiny office and make it look functional!! Lol. No one said anything about my makeup... Lol

well my compliment yesterday was from one of my coworkers tha i looked great and better its fun to hear
wink.gif

I got a compliment yesterday on how flawless my skin looked and that i was lucky to get away with not wearing foundation. if only she knew i use mmu lol.

I guess, like Shelley, the one I get the most is that I don't look anywhere NEAR my age. I'm going to be 40 in December (if I even decide to HAVE a birthday), and most people think I am between 26 and 32. I've even had a couple people demand to see my driver's license because they don't believe me.

And honestly, I haven't even really taken great care of my skin until just recently.

When people compliment me, they compliment my hair and my eyes.

I am a Dane but born in Southamerica, so I have lots of curls and dark, almond shaped eyes.... not very scandinavian :) so people always find my features very exotic.

LOL at MAGOSIENNE.....She has the bat ready...lol

I got about 5 compliments yesterday. On my hair and on my Chie Mihara Sandals.

Thats excluding the compliments I get daily from my Baby....He loves me! LOL

I got a compliment on Monday from my Mum.

Can't remember what I used (it was a kinda grey smokey eye, I posted it in a fotd) but she was looking at me as I was putting my shoes on to go out and I hateeee people looking at me so I said "Why are you looking at me?" lol And she said, "I was just looking at your hair and make-up. You do something different everyday. You look nice."

Apart from that I don't get compliments from my friends much. I think they're used to my ever changing face
biggrin.gif

first day of school yesterday and i was wearing bootyshorts..

let me just say i had a really good day. LOL

i was in macys yesterday at shisido getting some t-zone mattifiying serum stuff and the lady behind the counter did inform me that she could tell i took good care of my skin cause it was gorgeous.

that made me happy.

My mom told me I almost looked human after I took off all my Dare To Be makeup. Does that count? lol!

I get compliments from people I know, but never strangers. Then again I have only really gotten into makeup recently, and I think more dramatic makeup would draw comments rather than the neutral looks I normally do.

Yesturday, a random customer approached me and asked me to help her pick out some colors and give her a makeup lesson because my makeup looked so good that she "could tell I knew my way around an eyeshadow palette." It was sweet!

And people are always telling me that I smell nice. I wear perfume twenty four/seven and I wear it heavy enough so that people get a whiff whenever I walk by. I probably get stopped and asked what I'm wearing at least three or four times a day.

thats a great compliment.... I get them from time to time and if the people only knew my makeup obsession
smile.gif
my husband he could careless unless its too 'heavy" then hes like YIKES and not ina good way
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif And people are always telling me that I smell nice. I wear perfume twenty four/seven and I wear it heavy enough so that people get a whiff whenever I walk by. I probably get stopped and asked what I'm wearing at least three or four times a day. I do the same thing and always get asked what I'm wearing too. I tend to change perfumes daily though. The ones that get the most compliments are my Dior perfumes, and also Thierry Mugler's Alien. I love perfume.
Y'all got some great compliments!

I got a compliment from the girl who rang me up at Jamba Juice today. She ooo'd and ahhh'd and asked me what I used, but I use so many different colors (as most of you know) that I felt kind of awkward explaining it all. Especially because people behind me were waiting to order! So I just kinda rambled off a few things. It was still very nice of her, though.
smile.gif

I'm wearing gorgeous gold (inner lid), electric eel (outer lid), post haste (in and above the crease), graphology (crease only), and a few other randoms (highlight and lower lash line) today.

I got a lot of compliments in school today on my eye makeup =] usually I do, because most girls in my school only do one color eyeshadow. Today I was wearing yellow on the inner corners and lid that faded into green and blue with black liner.

Back