Can you recommend a chunky crayon eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for one of the chunky, crayon-type EL that really works well. I normally use Almay's retractable type soft pencil EL & while they work well for me, I would like a different look and want to use one of the fat crayon types.
smile.gif
I have tried the loose MMU ES & even with UD Shadow Primer & Pure Luxe gel EL primer (after moisturizing well, using foundation on my EL & ES) I have issues with the loose EL separating and leaving little spots/patches.
frown.gif
I am older, have normal-dry skin, so I am going to assume that is why. I tried one of these chunky ones from Avon but the EL kind of "spreads" under my eyes but otherwise I love it - just want something that is chunky, creamy, easy to apply, and stays put.

MUB Monet, could you tell me where you buy this & about how much it costs? I am really a newbie when it comes to MU. I wore it some times for many years but never have I gotten into MU like I have the last several months so even well known brands are not always real familiar to me.
smile.gif

I am open to drug store brands as well (Rite Aid, Walgreen - no CVS anywhere near me) since I can try MU from them & return it if they don't work for me. Love that policy!

37235-31Y2AT2ZBXL._AA265_.jpg

Thats the Bad gal liner. It's 20 dollars and I get mine from Macy's because it has a Benefit counter.

Are you looking to use them as eyeliners, or for eyeshadows?

NYX has those thick eyeliner/eyeshadow crayons. They're very smooth and creamy, but some people have had problems with them creasing because they're so creamy + they have oily eyelids.

MAC Shadesticks are the crayon type too...but they've discontinued a lot of the colors. Some colors are not smooth at all, like Gentle Lentil, but colors like Beige-ing and Sharkskin are much smoother.

shu umera has 2 sticks that have 3 colors in them each wtih various colors that are very crayon-like.

NYX has those crayon thingies, and so does L'oreal HIP.

MAC has shadesticks that I consider crayons...

Sephora has crayon pencils too...

Hi:

I see someone already recommended Benefit's "Bad Girl". Sephora Brand also has chunky pencil liners. I have a couple by Rimmel.

There is a new one that you may want to try out by Revlon from their Beyond Naturals collection!

Oh, and I remember reading some good reviews for Sue Devitt's pencils.

NYX jumbo pencils always crease like crazy on my greasy eyelids even when I use MAC Paint Pot under them as a base.

Avon's Big Colors are not bad and they don't crease with a primer (I have oily lids), but they are not super pigmented.

L'oreal HiP has some...I think they're called "Cream Color Crayons" or something. They work really well and last a long time on me =]

Back