For those who saw Sarah Palin's Speech: How did she do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those of you that watched Sarah Palin, what did you think? About her? About her message? Just first impressions not overly analyzed

I saw it. It was interesting...

She spoke to the hockey moms, the mothers of children with disabilities...

I applaud her for striking back at the media on her "experience" etc. However on the same token she stabbed at Obama that his only experience is community service. I dunno if she realizes that America is a community expanding further than the delegates and supporters of the RNC...

She touched on energy, and the importance of jobs at mines and factories...

Then she launched into praise of Mc Cain's service to his country etc...

All in all, it was a fair presentation. And I understand why so many ppl are now ignoring Mc Cain and focusing on her... Now, I'm just waiting for the debates...

It was a waste of time. We know know all about her family and that she can make a low insult funny.

I too can't wait for the debates. She better be wearin her big girl panties. I hope Biden rips her to pieces. If she cries, I will wet myself.

I give Sarah Palin credit where credit is due for a couple of reasons. Having so much personal experience with special needs her statement about standing by those children struck a chord with me. Apart from the content of the speech which I had criticisms about, I would say the vocal delivery of the speech made it one of the best that I have seen from a politician.

However, I disagreed with a good percentage of the statements that were made about other issues in the speech. In fact, some of it was exaggerated bunk--and reesesilverstar, I have to agree that she painted Obama as an inexperienced leader. There were statements made about increasing taxes, when after fact-checking, it's not true
smile.gif

As for Giuliani, I was waiting for the guy to STFU after a while...lol
smile.gif

At least you did go check her statements... Some ppl don't even do that much and take it at face value. So kudos to you!!

Originally Posted by raedeekae83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I give Sarah Palin credit where credit is due for a couple of reasons. Having so much personal experience with special needs her statement about standing by those children struck a chord with me. Apart from the content of the speech which I had criticisms about, I would say the vocal delivery of the speech made it one of the best that I have seen from a politician. However, I disagreed with a good percentage of the statements that were made about other issues in the speech. In fact, some of it was exaggerated bunk--and reesesilverstar, I have to agree that she painted Obama as an inexperienced leader. There were statements made about increasing taxes, when after fact-checking, it's not true
smile.gif

As for Giuliani, I was waiting for the guy to STFU after a while...lol
smile.gif

Thank you reese....it's really important to know where you're getting your information from, I think. Now I see that the claims that I'm believing about certain candidates are false, bunk, and crap--which should make me come to a less impulsive and more thought-out decision about who is going to run our country
smile.gif

*Stands and applauds*

Originally Posted by raedeekae83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you reese....it's really important to know where you're getting your information from, I think. Now I see that the claims that I'm believing about certain candidates are false, bunk, and crap--which should make me come to a less impulsive and more thought-out decision about who is going to run our country
smile.gif
You go!!

I was completely engaged. She was confident, natural, intelligent, witty, and not afraid to throw a punch. She demonstrated in the speech that she has the executive experience necessary for this position. She understands what it means to be a politician - that you work and deliver for the people. I got the impression that she would be a good advocate for the American people. I, too, am interested in the debates, and think she'll show even more of her knowledge for what's important to this country.

I'm a life-long registered Democrat. I was a Hillary supporter and contributor, but I have been disillusioned since then and find myself more and more in line with the need for national security, lower taxes, and action on the energy front. I was planning on voting for McCain before the Sarah Palin choice, and now it's a slam dunk.

She's definitely a pit bull! She made it very clear that she's not about to be intimidated by anyone. Yourleoqueen...I have a feeling she's going to rip Biden a new one in the debates, to be honest.

I think it was a very well written speech, and she delivered it spot-on. I could have done with quite a few less attacks on Obama, though. But, I suppose it is politics... lol.

I watched, i was the one that said she was ok. The speech was well scripted and her delivery was ok, just ok mind you. A person really skilled with a political speech knows how to milk those delays for applause. She seemed uncomfortable at points, like she would have rathered continue since she had momentum.

I am still undecided btw and this speech does nothing to change that.

On her personal stuff how can you fault her? She has lived her life, raising her family and she is ready to go to bat for her party. She has a reality that i think a lot of people will be able to relate to. and as i said her speech was very well scripted so you almost could have predicted she would be well received. Let's face it after a high point in 1994 with its contract with America the Republican party has been on the decline getting away from its initial core values, catering to the right wing of the party and getting caught up in a bunch of scandals. It is refreshing to see a new face and an eagerness people can get behind.

On the policy stuff, it was ok not much substance I think the VP debate will be much more interesting. She is very pro on drilling in ANWR I think even more than McCain himself and as such not know to be an environmentalists friend. My take is this is a red herring being brought up. Drilling is no panacea for oil prices (Wait 10 years!) and i agree that there is tons of land already leased to oil companies that goes unused already. Best line: about whether Obama had ever authored anything in Senate or IL Senate. Ouchhh! The bashing part was good. (wouldn't want to be her husband)

So first grade of the semester is a B- with the midterm being the VP debate and of course the final is in the beginning of November.

I watched bits and pieces of her speech. Hey, the Williams sisters were battling it out on the US Open - definately more entertaining than the drivel flowing out of her mouth.

Good speech writing. Of course the Republicans are desperate for anyone to vote.

I didn't like her bashing Obama like she did - can anyone say "no class".

I might have understood the venom if Obama had made fun of her personal life - but he choose not to as he has class.

And hockey moms wear lipstick as pitbulls do not - what idiot wrote that? Oh wait, she threw in her own comments rather than keeping with the script. Strategic.

LOL! It's pretty much split between love and hate.

It's no surprise, really...I'm sure it's the Democrats that hated it and the Republicans that loved it. lol!

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif No Class! I think there was plenty of class up on that stage and in front of that podium. To take the stage in front of such a large live crowd (and with god knows how many watching on the web, tv, via satellite) with such poise, confidence and conviction. To introduce your family lovingly after the media attempted to eviceriate them (and you) for a teenage pregancy, a Downs Syndrome child (insinuating that you would somehow be a bad mom by running for VP), and a husband's DUI 20+ years ago. To explain to people who you are and what you stand for when all people are talking about is- your pregnant daughter and how "hot" you are. To tell the American people that you want to work for them. To do this all with a sense of humor, a sense of dignity, and a sense of self. To criticize your opponent - OMG! - if it's to hot Mr. Obama, get out of the kitchen man!!!
Well, that's class and I wish I had 1/10 of it.

I don't know what class is to you, but to me there it was on that stage, in front of that podium. She may be from a small town in Alaska, but she's big in the class department.

Rock on Sarah!
rocknroll2.gif

Problem is, she did not once mention healthcare. Oh that's right, she did mention help for those with children's with disibilities. You and I both know that if she didn't have a child with a disibility, she couldn't care less.

Just like she couldn't care less about all the hard working Americans that have minimal health care coverage. Or no health care coverage at all.

Classless.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's no surprise, really...I'm sure it's the Democrats that hated it and the Republicans that loved it. lol! Shaundra your forgetting i'm a registered Republican and i thought i was ok, but just that.

Back