Do you brush your teeth every night?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just wondering becuase I know that you're supposed to, but to be honest I don't mostly because I forget or I'll go to bed really early. But anywaysm, it's a bad habit I have and I'm trying to break it by brushing every night...

Do you follow a night time ritual? Like take your night meds and brush your teeth afterwards??

I dont haha I always forget, which I should get back into the habit of doing it after I wash my face.

I do. I don't even think about it though...just a habit. My mom used to tell my sister and me that monsters only ate kids that had dirty teeth, so we always brushed ours before bed lol.

aww lolaB thats so cute!

i brush mine every night, they feel furry if i don't! the only times i don't are if i'm really really tired or if i'm falling over drunk.

Not EVERY night. A while ago I was having a problem where my gums were bleeding occasionaly when I was brushing. I have really sensitive teeth so I just thought it could be something to do with that and the dentist said that there wasn't anything WRONG with my teeth, it was just due to me slightly over brushing. At the time I brushed my teeth around 3 times a day (I'd gotten into the habit after having braces) and now I brush my teeth every morning and the majority of nights.

Okay, I just read that back and it makes me sound like a major toothbursh addict lmao! It was 'cos of the braces, I promise!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Not EVERY night. A while ago I was having a problem where my gums were bleeding occasionaly when I was brushing. I have really sensitive teeth so I just thought it could be something to do with that and the dentist said that there wasn't anything WRONG with my teeth, it was just due to me slightly over brushing. At the time I brushed my teeth around 3 times a day (I'd gotten into the habit after having braces) and now I brush my teeth every morning and the majority of nights. Okay, I just read that back and it makes me sound like a major toothbursh addict lmao! It was 'cos of the braces, I promise!
biggrin.gif

i understand. its gross if you can see stuff stuck in braces!

Lol, Katie. I've been having the same problem. My gums have certain parts where I can't ever over brush... the cut easily.

To answer the question, no. It never became a daily routine for me but I do sometimes - if I feel like my teeth feels all gunky. This is were all my cavities take place because I drink a lot of liquid at night :s and don't brush afterward.

i have some issues with my teeth which made me really worried about loosing them one day, so now I am extremely good with oral hygiene. Two times a day brushing is a minimum. I don't think I would be able to fall asleep if I didn't brush. The only (rare) exception would be when I am intoxicated
biggrin.gif

I always brush my teeth before I go to bed. Do you really want the miniscule bits of foods stuck inbetween your teeth to rot out your teeth for hours until you wake up and brush your teeth?

Originally Posted by fingers /img/forum/go_quote.gif i understand. its gross if you can see stuff stuck in braces! Yeah I know! I became so obsessed with brushing my teeth when I had braces. I had a total fear of having something stuck in my brace and everyone being able to see it but not telling me lol

I try to, but lately it seems i forget it, i'm embarrassed to say. It's since i've started my new job actually, because when i'm home i feel the need to wash my face, i used to wash it before going to bed and i would finish by my teeth. Now that i wash my face late in the afternoon, i have nothing to remind me this.

Every single night before I go to bed and every morning and sometimes at noon after lunch!!
biggrin.gif

Yes. I wash my face every night to get rid of make-up because I know all too well just how bad I break out if I don't and since I'm in the bathroom I just brush my teeth/use mouthwash etc. while I'm there. Before getting into wearing make-up I'd skip washing my face and therefore sometimes just not brush my teeth.

Naw.

Lol!

I brush in the morning, in the afternoon- sometimes 2 times depending on what I've been eating and just wash my face at night.

I am a teeth and tongue brushing, flossing and Listerine swishing person (in that order), but I'm pretty safe not doing it at night.

Again, unless I ate something really sour, sweet or sticky before bed; then I would brush again.

i do. well try too. there are some nights where im just too tired to do anything and use a facial cleansing cloth to wash my face even.

I brush my teeth three times a day. Morning, after lunch and before I go to bed. It's a very rare night if I go to sleep without brushing them.

I used to never brush my teeth before bed, and then, I started developing gum problems (bleeding gums, gum infection etc.) so my dentist suggested I brush and floss every night to keep gum problems at bay. I now brush, floss and even use one of those mini brushes that cleans the gaps between the teeth and followed by a mouth gurgle. I know, I'm probably taking better care of my teeth than my face,lol. Also, what motivates me at keeping the routine is both my parents suffer from gum/teeth problems so there's the hireditary factor that I'm worried about as well. The only time I skip my dental care routine is when I'm really tired.

Latest posts

Back