• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Just can't seem to swap!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm in the Uk and have been swapping internationally for years (mostly on MUA) but swaps have dried up recently and I've also probably just been swaplifted again. I'm a generous swapper and love multi-swaps but I just can't seem to get a break. Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Lou

hmmm. In regards to the swaplift, have you contacted MUA or wherever you originally made the swap?

I'm sorry this has happened to you. All I can suggest is taking your evidence of having sent your items, and whatever proof of swaplifting that you can get and contact the admin of whichever site you were swapping through.

Also, perhaps they can be added to our questionable sellers page?

All I can suggest in the way of advice is to always request proof of shipping/tracking/sign on receipt so you know your items are on their way?

It's horrible to trust someone and then be deceived

I took the matter to SwapTawk and to the MUAer in question. She claims lots of personal problems but admitted to receiving my half. She swears blind she sent my half and told 2 others the same but we are all still empty handed. She also said one of my items was old and crappy and that she sent it back to me. Mind you, she said a lot of things!

you got to leave he a bad token and to woen other ppl from her

it just not right

im sorry that they are ppl like that

Lou, I know swappers are definitely getting more and more picky these days. You know what else is irritating?

(1) Having a swap list, but no wish list! How are we to know what you want?!

(2) Having a wish list, but no swap list! Um, hello?!

(3) When someone OFFERS wish list items for a swap list item, and they get turned down. WTF!

(4) People who want someone for WAY over value for two items that have a going rate of double what the item they have listed is.

(5) People not even responding with a simple "No thanks," or even bothering to keep good communication once a swap has been initiated/finalized.

Amen to all of those! I've just gone mostly DS brand on my wishlist even though I have a few HE items on my swaps list. Would that help do you think?

Back