Anyone belong to FreeCycle.org?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering... I just joined but waiting for approval.. Appearently its a national/global movement to recycle vs throwing away.. So if you have something you don't want you post it and anyone can contact you if they want it... And its set up as a yahoo user group.. So I thought I'd see what its about!!

Anyone else doing freecycle?

yes, I haven't received anything yet, but I saw a post where a guy needed an aquarium for a turtle, and I had an extra one. I left it in the driveway for him to pick up. It is hard to acquire things, they are gone before I can even respond.

They recycle everything, Tony? We recycle paper and glass and metals but this is more for unwanted houshold items and stuff.....

I haven't heard of it, but I'm going to sign up. There are so many things I'd like to get rid of.

I just dump stuff like clothes in this bin they have all over the bronx area it ends up in the Salvation Army.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif They recycle everything, Tony? We recycle paper and glass and metals but this is more for unwanted houshold items and stuff..... Yeah, it's not garbage recycle, it's more like swapping. It's things like treadmills someone bought with the intention of using it every day then it ended up a clothes hanger so they decide to just get rid of it; or t.v's or couches or canoes- whatever.

It's not regular recycling it's FREEcycling:

You can search through the boards and see what is up for grabs (free) and you *should* be offering something at some point as well (for free).

My parents signed up for this, they have given away LOTS of stuff, and it's good, it's generally going to deserving people. We have gotten a few bits and bobs off it too.

I do! I gave away a few old dressers and a tv stand to a couple with three little boys, one of which was very sick. They had to move to the area for hospital care for the little one and didn't have much furniture. My mom got me started on freecycle. I really like it, I would prefer to give away my old stuff rather than toss it or sell it. And it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling by helping someone else
smile.gif

Since joining Saturday I've gotten like a thousand emails... Lucky I set up a new email account just for it. Lot of neat stuff too.. You just set it by the cirb or on your porch and someone emails you they want it and poof its gone!!

I have for years, unfortunately my Provinces chapter is not very active. It’s a lot better to give away things you don’t need anymore than for them to end up in a dump or incinerator.

I'm a member of both the Fort Bliss and El Paso groups. I also joined Cheapcycle, which is the same concept, only things are super cheap. I've gotten a couple of things, and have gotten rid of a few items that I don't need.

Back