Would you say there's a makeup brand that makes great EVERYTHING?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that Chanel, Make Up For Ever, & NARS are all French. It seems like MAC is the only non-French brand that is really amazing. After the lines mentioned, Yves Saint Laurent, Guerlain, Dior, etc would probably be the next best bets. Bourjois doesn't have a very big collection, but most of what they do make is great.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't found a brand yet that makes a great everything. Me neither...

I haven't bought it because of it's price - but I love Make Up For Ever. I think that would've been my go-to brand if it weren't for price/limited selection. So I stick with MAC.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't found a brand yet that makes a great everything. Same here.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me neither... same here...

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't found a brand yet that makes a great everything. Me either.

Dior's eyeliner is substandard imo - I've had better drugstore eyeliners than my dior ones, and I have 5 of them.

Chanel's foundation/powder sucks. I liked it in store, but after a long day, it looks like greasepaint.

I think MAC has good eyeshadows and lipglosses. Their foundation and such are not that great, and I'm not a fan of their lipstick texture, compared to Dior.

I think its good to diversify and have lots of companies in your collection, since I dont think any one company can really make great everything.

No. I don't think there's a make-up line in the world that makes great everything.

Make-up brands have their strong and weak points. There is stuff that I am in love with and when I try more from the brand it's just average and quite dissapointing.

I think a lot of it has to do with preference too. There might be a few things in a line that you don't like not because they're not any good but because they're just not for you.

there seems to be at least one item from each line i either dont like or dont care for or doesnt work for me.

i wish there was a line that everything worked, im still in search of it.

Back