"Honey Do I look Fat in this?"........

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why do us girls ask dumb questions that We know we dont want the truth(even though we pretend we do) But in reality you really want to be lied to?????..............

girls are so confusing dont ya think!!! why ask the old "honey does this make me look fat" (when you know it does) question & They say NO (cuz its what you want to hear) but you get pictures back later & your pissed cuz you "shockingly" look fat & you tell him "Why didnt you tell me , you lied to me blah blah" But lets go back if he wouldve said "yes as a matter of fact you do look a lil fat" Oh my goodnes the sh** would've hit the fan

It confuses me its like lie to me ,,, but dont ! read my mind & always know what i want yoou to say lol I dont know this just went through my mind what is everyone elses take on this???? have any of you asked this ( I havent for fear of lie or more importantly the truthlol) or does anyone have any other "dumb Questions"???????? that they want to share?

when I ask my fiancee this question (im guilty of it)

He response is i love u just the way u are.. and your not fat
smile.gif

Im not fat though no idea why I ask randomly

I won't ask that question because I know I'm not fat and if I was or thought I was then I wouldn't be asking either because I'd always be wondering if it was the truth or a lie. Besides that, you're putting him in a tough spot because he knows he's screwed either way and it's not going to help things once you get your answer whether it's yes or no.

Other questions I think shouldn't be asked:

Who's hotter/thinner/better in bed, me or her?

Who do/did you love more, me or her?

Would you love me if I gained __ pounds?

I don't ask if I think I look hot, only if I'm not sure or already know that I do, so I wouldn't get mad if he said I was looking fat.

I've actually had an ex that told me I looked fat when I thought I looked really good. It really upset me, and I still never wear that style of top, ever. Just because he was an ano stick doesn't mean there is anything wrong with having a little more mean on your bones.

Don't ask questions you don't want to hear the answers to!!! I sure don't!! lol

I know I'm not fat so no "do I look fat" from me, but I do ask for my boyfriend's opinion on shoes, clothes, makeup, or whatever else and he'll tell me if he doesn't like it. I'm not asking to get compliments from him, I really want his opinion and I'll also tell him if I think something he's wearing is awful
biggrin.gif
. If he doesn't like something it doesn't mean I won't wear it though, like pink lips for example.

True that Karren. Like, Im in a wierd situation. I have a screw buddy to f*ck around (I dont know I prefer them than to have boy/girl friends) but he has a girl who is special to him (though he never dated her) but so am I cause we're close friends. She committed suicide but hes a medium so problem solved. So sometimes Im like....dunno I get bothered when he talks about her frequently and I dont feel jealosy but it ticks me. Like "blah blah blah this chick" *sting* and though I kinda want to ask "hey, whos better at this?" or "who would you have stayed with?". Like, I feel like shouting "SORRY IM NOT HER GODDAMIT" its kinda rude of him cause I have someone special to me too but I dont go saying "ah I miss her" or "I used to do this to her", talk about her randomly, or wtf.

I actually know already so I get scared and dont ask >.< Dont know. Sometimes I feel like saying "nice to have known you" and leave for good cause it pisses me off that he make me think that way. Im not an emotional person and I dont like it when people try to change this or make me feel different. Im a wierd one.

lol I don't need to ask these questions...or use a mirror. I have a brother that gives his opinions on my outfits whenever he thinks I am wearing something "not appropriate" for my shape.

His latest was when I was going out and wearing a low cut top "Bec, you have a yard of tit hanging out of your shirt..not a good look, it screams desperate" Charming!!!

Bec your so lucky lol (that was hilarious by the way) lucky cause you have a brother, Ive always wanted one.

I always ask my hubby if my butt looks flat instead of fat in jeans...he always has to check it out and say no it looks fine...lol

I know I'm fat so I don't ask, haha. I'll ask my close bestfriend or sister about what I'm wearing but never a guy. I guess we like fishing out compliments if we do though - if we ask...

I think it just has to do with a little insecurity. I'm not saying you have to be insecure to say that but if you're feeling iffy on how you look, that's you just being a little insecure and unsure and we all feel like that every once in awhile. When a girl asks a guy that question, its more of her needing his reasurrance as oppose to the actual truth, whether it be yes or no.

Its like when a guy ask "How many guys have you slept with" I'm not saying I'm a ho or anything like that but i know thats a question that can never be answered satisfactory to him.

Lmao Bec!

I think guys are in an awful situation when their girlfriend or wife asks if they look fat 'cos if they say yes then the girl goes "Oh well THANKS." and goes in a huff but if they say no then the girl tells them to stop lying and goes off in a huff anyway
tongue.gif

I actually have never asked my bf if I looked fat in anything, I don't want him to start noticing the little things that I do so I don't mention it. The only thing I'll do is ask if something looks good together but not whether or no I look good in it. I know if it looks like crap on me so I just take it off instead of wanting a compliment from my bf.

I have actually never asked my husband that question that I can think of. But I know women who do and it drives me nuts! If you're unhappy with how you look, try to do something about it or put something more flattering on LOL

Yeah I've asked that type of question before.. but it was for an honest answer.. otherwise I wouldn't have asked.. lol

I know I'm not fat so I wouldn't bother asking that. I know a lot of my friends do though even if they are skinny. Fishing for compliments has never been my thing though. I ask my boyfriend if what I'm wearing looks good though. Not all the time but if I'm wearing something new that I'm not quite sure of. I ask him if my hair and makeup look okay too. Those questions are out of genuinely wanting his opinion though. Not just so I can get an ego boost.

Well actually in my situation asking if i look fat is not really a question its a fact lol either way im asking i know the answer anyway so i never ask but my fiance says like i dunno how to say like a men you know, ohh yeah your butt looks nice let me see or no you dont look fat im like
tocktock.gif
No! im asking you about my makeup gossh.. anyway even if i ask if i look fat he will always tell me your beautiful and i like women with meat on so for that situation i guess im ok
laughs.gif

Latest posts

Back