NOTD,Sept/07/2008

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took some manicure and fake nail application courses 1 year ago today i decided to do my fake nails for a long time didnt do them heres the results wanted to make it simple I used The French Manicure Disco one i think from the Piink collection

DSC04290.jpg

DSC04287.jpg

Originally Posted by Alien8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif your nails look great. I do my own nails too. Kewl do you have any pics of your work>? IM CURIOUS!
sunshine.gif

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome nails!!! Thx Karen!
wink.gif

I love your nails! I always prefer to do light colors than dark colors.

Originally Posted by Gabriella20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kewl do you have any pics of your work>? IM CURIOUS!
sunshine.gif

Thx Karen!
wink.gif

I had to learn how to do this because my rent was raised and I am so broke. Here is a sample.
Nails.jpg

My-Nails-97597927

Originally Posted by Alien8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had to learn how to do this because my rent was raised and I am so broke. Here is a sample.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/dc2610/Nails.jpg

My Nails by ~dc2610 on deviantART

Wow those are really cute did you do the design on it?? it soo pretty
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sunshine80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif both are very pretty
Gabriella: Are they acrylic with a tip?

Yes i used tips,gel but its not acrylic ect.. and Crystaline Powder That how they said it in french dont know if its the same in english :S and then after Polishing everything i used a Normal Nail color on it but that one for some reason is reaally silky to say that its really shinny finish not even a top coat on the photo actually didnt wanted to have french nail tips or use my colored powder dont have enough time 4 that
frown.gif

Mine are decorated blue tips with a white flower with acrylic. I cut the tips down so there's no flower.

For those of you who have taken nail courses - did you find them beneficial?

I am looking at doing an evening course once per week for 20 weeks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by katey_pie237 /img/forum/go_quote.gif For those of you who have taken nail courses - did you find them beneficial?
I am looking at doing an evening course once per week for 20 weeks
smile.gif

Well the best way its to start your onw business you start at home then you have a regular clientele then you try to open a lil nail shop its better then working for a nailshop that you have to rent Your
unsure.gif
station to work there! For most of the places its that way so its really better when you start your own then working for others.

Originally Posted by Gabriella20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well the best way its to start your onw business you start at home then you have a regular clientele then you try to open a lil nail shop its better then working for a nailshop that you have to rent Your
unsure.gif
station to work there! For most of the places its that way so its really better when you start your own then working for others. Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do the course and become fully accredited and then start my own thing. I love the fact that theres always a demand for nails because they grow so quickly so ppl always need them done again and again.... hehe
I'm then hoping to complete makeup training and then move on to hair so for weddings and things i could offer a whole package and be fully qualified
smile.gif
im excited!!

Originally Posted by katey_pie237 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I'm going to do the course and become fully accredited and then start my own thing. I love the fact that theres always a demand for nails because they grow so quickly so ppl always need them done again and again.... hehe
I'm then hoping to complete makeup training and then move on to hair so for weddings and things i could offer a whole package and be fully qualified
smile.gif
im excited!!

Well i wish you luck
smile.gif
its a nice job im planing on going to Vancouver to get my makeup Training at the Blanche Mcdonald School look like a nice one cant wait to start!Some of them had to go to some of the fashion weeks like newyork,montreal,toronto i would die to do that its big dream but thats what i want:p

It's becoming more and more competitive in the nail industry, especially in Australia. Nail bars are popping up on every street corner. They're convenient, cheap and take a lot less time than it would if you went and saw a regular nail technician. These places cut costs by cutting corner, using white tips or spraying on the white instead of using white acrylic amongst other techniques.

It take a good hour or so to do a full set of acrylics properly. It's a very fiddly, labour instensive treatment. It's nail techs like myself that lose out on clients because they'd rather pay less to get their nails done at a nail bar, and at the end of the day, they may have saved themselves some $$$ but they're going to end up with poor quality nails.

I really do suggest, rather than working from home, hire out a table in a beauty salon, you will get far more revenue that way than you will working at home, and a lot of the time, if you rent out a table, they will have pre existing clients too.

Originally Posted by Gabriella20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well i wish you luck
smile.gif
its a nice job im planing on going to Vancouver to get my makeup Training at the Blanche Mcdonald School look like a nice one cant wait to start!Some of them had to go to some of the fashion weeks like newyork,montreal,toronto i would die to do that its big dream but thats what i want:p Fabulous - good 4 u
smile.gif
keep us posted with how you go... if u want something bad enuf you;ll get there
Thanks 4 the advice!

Bec - will definately keep that in mind when im deciding what i'm good to do
smile.gif
thanks!

Back