Need suggestions for foundations for acne prone skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have very acne prone skin, so I have been using almay oil free foundation, which so far has not made me break out. However the coverage is very sheer which does not cover my acne scaring and uneven skintone. What is a foundation with good coverage? Can be department or drugstore. Thanks everyone!!!!!

if you want acne coverage, id go with a concealer insted of a foundation, so then you just cover up the acne.

and plus from personal experience, once i stopped using foundation (my face breaks out easily) so much and only once in a blue-moon, my face cleared up drastically.

now i usually just use concealer and foundation on rare occations.

It's not so much for acne persay, my face has been behaving well lately. I really need a good coverage for acne scaring and uneven skintone.

I think you should try the new HD Make Up Forever I have rosacea and uneven skin tone and it did work for me or the face and body foundation from that brand I mention just be careful if you have oily skin !!!

MUFE duo matte, Revlon colorstay gets raves (I didn't find a good match in them though), Bobbi Brown oil free compact has *amazing* coverage, it is creamy and you're gonna have to set with powder with that though, MAC SFF is high coverage as ell. MUFE concealer in the squeezy tube is amazing as well. EL double wear also gets raves, gonna have to try that one out, good luck!

I use bare escentuals with a flat ended brush. I blot it on w/ the end of the brush in areas where my skin is uneven and then buff it in. It gives better coverage that way. Sometimes I wear the BE foundation over my NC20 (yellowish) MAC concealer that I mix w/ moisturizer to get better coverage of redness.

From a department store I like estee lauder double wear stay-in-place powder makeup. It covers really well and blends really great. I have acne prone skin, too. However, I only use this makeup if I run out of my aromaleigh voile mineral makeup
smile.gif
In general, if I use a cream foundation at all I'll break out so I stick to my powder!

If the coverage of the Almay is too sheer then placing powder on top may give more coverage.

I would have to say Revlon colorstay...I've been using this for years, and have never broken out from it. I work out with it on, and even sometimes fall asleep in it, and it has still kept my skin acne-free. It can be drying though, which was my only problem with it, so make sure you have a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated or your skin will make extra oil to compensate, and that could mean more acne. I've sampled other foundations and to me this one is doesn't get greasy on me and gives me pretty good coverage.

If you are still looking for one, I was told to check out Lancome Tient Idol Ultra, and I absolutely love it. My friend works for Lancome and was telling me all about it. I have extremely oily skin and LOVE it. It's oil free, non comedogenic, feels light, and lasts the whole day.

Latest posts

Back