Help! I need good synthetic brushes for MMU.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies/gents. I'm trying to switch from BE to a different MMU because of the skin irritation that BE causes(me). But, I was told that the brushes could also be part of the cause. When I used BE I always applied it with the brushes provided (kabuki, flawless face, concealer brush). But, I would like to try synthetic brushes with the new MMU that I am going to be trying because I've read that can help with irritation. So, my question is...what companies do you think has the best synthetic brushes? I need basic brushes (same as I was using with BE) for MMU, but would also be interested in any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I am using Aubrey Nicole flat top brush. I just love it!
smile.gif

There's a sticky brushes thread that should be able to help you. I use EDM which are cheap and pretty good quality. Lots of girls seem to use Lumiere but most of their brushes are out of stock atm.

I personally feel the EDM brushes are excellent & you can't beat their prices when you buy them in a kit in particular. They are not scratchy at all on me, have not shed & work really well for application. There was a recent thread on the EDM site inquiring about the difference between the BE & EDM brushes & the girls there said the EDM brushes are SO much better. HTH some.

I have a few suggestions. I like the black buki from Signature. this brush more than great for me. its give me a great coverage.

one more brush is the flatt from coastal..

and Adesigen's brushes.

I love the synthetic flat-top brush from EDM, and I have Signature's eye duo brush (double-ended liner and shadow brush) that I love as well.

Like everyone else has said, edm's are really good and cheap on your price. I have not had one hair shed and plan on buying more in the near future just to have some backups (when i'm too lazy to wash them lol)

I agree that sometimes the natural brushes can cause irritation which people sometimes confuse and think it's the MMU. I have the flat top synthetic brush from EDM,the synthetic dispensing brush from Signature and I've ordered some from Coastal Scents because they have great prices at the moment. I was in The Body Shop this weekend and they have a pretty good range of synthetic brushes, I was eyeing the huge synthetic kabuki they have but at $26 I'm not sure.

Wow, thanks for the replies ladies!! I'm going to start ordering brushes tonight.

I'm wondering if maybe it's the brushes that were my problem and the bismuth, just the bismuth, or just the brushes. If it was just the brushes then maybe I could use some of this BE again one day. Either way, I'm still excited to sample new companies!

I too can not use animal hair brushes. They make my face red and irritates my skin. I agree some think it's the Bi83, but it may be the brushes. I gave all my BE brushes away and use a flat-top from AN. Check out e*bay!

The ecotools brushes are synthetic as well, but sadly, they do not offer kabukis or flat tops. They are still good options for blush, e/s, concealer and powder tho.

Latest posts

Back