Grey Blonde? Someone Explain!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
lately I've seen lots of super 'trendy' girls with this colour of hair. I think it looks hideous: it's obviously unnatural but worse than that, it just looks like their hair is GREY.

Can someone explain the attraction? what do you think of it? sexy? or not?

In fact, it's so unattractive I can't actually find any pictures. I'm talking about that white-blonde colour that looks greyish, or bluish.

I know what you mean, but I can't explain the attraction, I think it looks awful.

I bought a wig that looked blondish but when I got it, it was that grey-blonde color.... and It makes me look like an old lady!!! lol I also don't see the attraction....

I know what you're talking about, god it looks awful!

I don't understand what could possess someone to dye their hair that colour.

There's a girl in my college who's died her hair so light blonde that it's white. It just looks odd.

My friend has grey blonde highlights. It's looks SO STRANGE! But I don't think she wanted it that light because she's not happy about it.

f41796bf.jpg

It's even lighter in person.

I know! This chick i used to hang out with has naturally blonde hair which is very pretty but she insists on bleaching her hair so blonde that when she has her hair loose, it looks weird against her scalp, like she's balding, not attractive in any way.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know! This chick i used to hang out with has naturally blonde hair which is very pretty but she insists on bleaching her hair so blonde that when she has her hair loose, it looks weird against her scalp, like she's balding, not attractive in any way. eeeeeeeeeww!! lol thats soo gross.

google images brought me to this:

sabrina5.jpg

Pink & Xtina both had gray/blonde hair at this years VMAs...not the best look, I don't think this will take off as a huge trend..

It makes you look old, i really don't see the attraction. Unless you're naturally born with it, i think you shouldn't dye your hair that pale.

I don't see the appeal of having this colour of hair. It looks weird. Plus, having nice shiny looking hair looks healthy and youthful which is much better than this strange matte looking colour. It really washes out and ages you.

none of those pics are as ugly as what I've seen on the street, LOL.

In oz, the hair is like, GREY! I googled it too and couldn't find anything. haha, I'll whip out my phone camera and sneak a picture next time I see it, haha!

I know exactly what you are talking about , that really ashy blonde colour, it's like they've taken the platinum blonde to a new leverl and toned the living crap out of it, it looks horendous, I honestly don't see the appeal.

I think some people are so desperate to be blonde, they don't care what shade they end up with.

Originally Posted by KatJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think some people are so desperate to be blonde, they don't care what shade they end up with. Lol that reminded me when I once bought a cheep blond wig off eBay. It looked so good on me the wig ended up in the bin 5 mins later.
I know what you are all talking about and I don't think its a flattering shade either.

Just to add to the image, these girls also usually have a really dark orangey tan to go with it, oompa loompa style.

Back