L'oreal mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm brand new to mineral makeup, never used it before. but i saw an ad this morning for l'oreal's whole new range of mineral makeup. they brought out a foundation a few months ago and now they have a whole range!

you can see it at L'Oréal Minerals

has anyone used it? is it expensive/any good?

I can tell you that the containers are really generous even though they are a bit expensive for ds makeup. I love their blushes and they are really pigmented. I haven't tried their foundation but i do love their Bare Naturale face powder thats universal. I prefer it as oppose to edm's finishing powder which made my face look ashy. I can assure you though that the container is bulky and they brush that comes with it is horrible. Its really scratchy and dry feeling.

I got a foundation, concealer, blusher, and bronzer when they were BOGO at Walgreens. It wasn't expensive at all. Each item was around 11 dollars. I haven't full-out used it yet, but I did test it on my face, and didn't like it. It made me look like I had a patch of dry skin or something...it was weird. I really like the blush, and I have yet to use the concealer and bronzer.

This is from Epionios site

Active ingredients: titanium dioxide 3.0%, zinc oxide 5.0%

Inactive ingredients: talc, boron nitrate, dimethicone, copernifica cerifera (carnauba) wax, cetyl dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triisocetyl citrate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tocopherol, panthenol May contain: titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides

This is from the walgreens site.

Active IngredientsTitanium Dioxide 10%

IngredientsBoron Nitride , Kaolin , Isononyl Isononanoate , Carnauba Wax - Copernica Cerifera , Calcium Gluconate , Manganese Gluconate , Magnesium Gluconate , Copper PCA , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Tocopherol , Panthenol , Titanium Dioxide - May Contain , Bismuth Oxychloride - May Contain , Mica - May Contain , Iron Oxides - May Contain

From the signature mineral site

Titanium DioxideZinc OxideTalcBoron NitrideDimethiconeCarnauba WaxCetyl DimethiconeTrimethylsiloxysilicateTrisocetyl CitrateAloe Barbadensis Leaf JuicePanthenolmay containBismuth OxychlorideIron Oxides

I don’t think most of us would classify it as real mineral makeup. It has lots of the stuff we are trying to avoid by wearing mineral makeup. I find it a bit sketchy that they don’t list the ingredients on the web site, they have a mineral page but not what is actually in the product.

I think you are better to put your money in trying one of the great small mineral companies.

thanks for the advice everyone!
smile.gif

For the money you'd spend on it, you'd be better to get a true mineral makeup, without all the waxes, "natural" additives, and iffy minerals like Bismuth Oxychloride and talc.

if I was new in MMU I'm not going to use this stuff.

I prefer a handmake brands that offer a great mmu with low prices (usually) without bismuth and all the bad stuff.

I have used their "Bare Naturale" mineral line often and had good results with it. This stuff looks different. Go ahead and buy it at a place that has a good return policy in case you don't like it.

I saw the new mineral eye liner. Odd packaging choice. I can't get eyeliner right using a thin pencil, wonder how holding a jar with a brush would work.

I've never tried it, but seeing it on the shelves was what got me to investigate other mmu lines.

Jandi - you'd be surprised at how nice powdered mineral liner goes on! I stink at pencil liners, and liquid is a joke.....but using mineral colors for liner is a piece of cake with a nice angled liner brush. I got mine from Signature minerals.

Back