Do you love sales?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I know it sounds like a stupid question but the reason I ask is because of this. I went to TJ Maxx and finally found some good stuff. I absolutely fell in love with this lipstick by Stila called "wanda." Obviously it's not even on the website and the place I can find it now is through ebay which i HATE. I guess i really just hate these types of sales bc I don't like having to find my HG on something discontinued
frown.gif
. This was my nude HG as far as beige colors go and I also found my HG mousse blush, also by Stila, in Sweet Pea. They do have it online but it's almost 8 times what i paid for it for it at TJ.

What do you guys think? I love a bargain but it's frustrating.

I totally agree, what we find one day we probably wont find anymore, but hey at least we got it for a good price once
smile.gif

I love a good sale......my husband ruins my fun thoguh and says you would have saved more money if you hdan't bought it to begin with....sheesh

I love sales. I hate shopping so if I HAVE to go then it's better if I'm getting bargains lol

And as for the whole 'what if I can never find that make-up again' thing, apart from mascara, foundation and concealer I rarely buy the same thing twice anyway.

True, i don't find myself buying the same thing that often but I guess I'm just thinking a little too deep into it lol.

Sales are great when you find a cute outfit, bag or pair of shoes.

I guess I don't really look for makeup to be on sale though... I just don't expect it. I will stock up on HIP mascara when it is BOGO at CVS, or I'll buy a lot from Sephora when they have their F&F discount in November.

I'm sure your Stila nude lippie is really pretty...but if you tried others.. I bet you would like them too. Especially with nude shades, there are so many nice ones. Every time I think I found a gorgeous nude l/s, I always find something better. Although my favorite right now is MAC's Brew and it was LE. I have about 6 backups though because I love it so much. I don't want to have to go to ebay when I run out, so then I'll have to look for a new one.

I love sales, but sadly over here sales aren´t that great. Not even the winter and summer sales, cause the small sizes are usually gone within a day.

Drugstores will have some stuff on sale, but the really great things like BOGOs and buy one get one half off don´t exist here. Bohoo

I suppose it varies if i find good stuff or not, but i tend to hate sales. It's sad to find something you like knowing it's discontinued, but i always appreciate the discount
smile.gif

I love sales. I live by sales lol. For things like eyeshadow and lip colors, I feel like so what if it's discontinued? There so many great colors to enjoy. Foundation is a different matter though.
biggrin.gif

What girl doesn't love sales?? Lol. I really have to check out our TJ Maxx's and see if they carry all the makeup you guys have been buying!!

Yes and No.

Yes, b/c I love buying something I love and then finding out it's on sale too.

No, b/c I can never find my size and I just don't have the patience to look through messy piles of anything.

Originally Posted by MissBGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif TJ Maxx sells Stila??? Hell I didn't even know they sold makeup. I have gotten some killer deals on Stila. My new favorite eyeshadow(Jade) I paid $2.99 for! Those suckers are normally $18.

I do love sales, but I usually avoid makeup sales.. the boxes usually look all weird and sometimes they're damaged... i've got a couple of good deals on sale MU but I don't usually have the patience to look, lol.

I'm a huge sale shopper for shoes bags and clothes
biggrin.gif

I love sales! lol! It always feels good to save money. But only if it's something that I wanted/would have bought in the first place. lol!

Well I hate sales!

LOL!

Because the deals are so good, I end up gettin WAY more than I wanted, and spending WAY more than I planned... So yea...

I HATE SALES... But I can't stay away from them...

Back