Woman, Lady, or Girl

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The above not only applies to what we call ourselves, but also applies to fashion, and an attitude of mind.

I personally don't like being called a woman, but, I can be a lady when I need to. I will always be a girl in my mind and not be a slave to "act my age"!

If you can wear it, do it.

Attitude, the way you carry yourself, fitness and excersize, dictate your style, not age. Ronni

I preferred to be called a girl. I don't feel like i'm old enough to be called a woman or lady although I do get called "that lady" every once in awhile

I still think of myself as a girl...maybe I'll think of myself as a woman in like 15-20 years
biggrin.gif

You both look like very pretty girls and probably will for many, many, years;

Ronni

I too prefer to be called a girl, woman and lady just sounds too grown up haha. My bf calls me his old lady though to people so that makes me feel old lol and I'm only 21!

All of the above!! Anything but Sir!! I hate that... Makes me old...

I prefer lady. I don't like being called a girl particularly, in my job it's almost an insult - as if you're not old enough to hold the position responsibly, and that really really irritates me. I'm a lady or a woman, not a girl!

Ditto to Karen's comments its a huge insult if I am out in girl mode and I get called sir or mate. Its happened a few times.
frown.gif

I kind of get annoyed when at the store I work at, moms tell their kids "Now give the lady your money..." Ugh. They know I'm not a lady. A young lady maybe, but I think I'm still a girl.

lol, Mari, I'm the opposite, I'd be super pissed if they said 'give that girl your money'

Like what? I'm 12 now?

aaha i always think about this! lol

i'm 19 and i think i'm a young woman/young lady. i don't mind being called a girl but i'm always really happy if someone calls me a woman. when do you become a woman??? who decides?

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I kind of get annoyed when at the store I work at, moms tell their kids "Now give the lady your money..." Ugh. They know I'm not a lady. A young lady maybe, but I think I'm still a girl. There you go, I don't mind when people call me young lady.

I prefer girl because I don't really see myself as old enough to be the other two.

Tbh, I wouldn't really mind any of them too much.

It's not as bad as what a total stranger called me the other day. "Dear"
mad.gif

What am I an 80 year old woman?! Gahh! So patronizing.

I guess it all depends on who says it and how it's said. i tend to prefer lady to woman, but i prefer woman over girl, usually people judge me younger than i am so girl can accentuate that.

Back