Seven years later, 9/11

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at home. My mom called me from her work and told me to turn on the tv. The towers fell pretty soon after I turned on the tv. I just sat there staring at the tv thinking "This can't be happening...".

it was just before I left for school. I remember being half asleep and wondering what the big deal was about.. when I got to school there were heaps of people crying, and honestly, the teachers made us watch it OVER AND OVER AGAIN, like way to comfort those people who have US relatives!

I was at home, when I turned the tv on it was hard to even figure out what was even going on, it was all pretty chaotic. It took me awhile to process everything that was going on. I got ready for work anyway but they called and told me not to come in.

I was on the train on 34th street. Pretty clueless until I walked up to Time Square and saw the jumbo tv's showing the chaos. I cant believe it was 7 yrs ago.

I was sitting in french class we didnt realise what was going on because it was on the radio. May the victims R.I.P

I was at home. It was early in the morning and I couldn't sleep, so I turned on the TV and it was unreal. I woke my husband up and called him into the livingroom to see what was going on.

I was at school on my way to second period at right before nine. Class started at 8:57am so when we got to the room, the teacher immediately cut on the tv. We didn't know what was going on, we thought someone had just randomly accidently hit the building. Next thing you know the second plane hits and we just couldn't believe what was going on and how in the heck those planes could both be an accident. The rest of day, we just watched the news.

I was in Toronto for my brother's wedding. I was supposed to fly back home on 9/11. I remember turning the TV on in the hotel room and wondering what is going on. Within a few minutes I realized the horror. R.I.P. 9/11 victims.

wow it's been seven years already
frown.gif

I was in seventh grade, band class and a teacher came running in and told us to turn on the tv...I was confused about what happened since my english was kind of limited at that time and I didn't know about the twin towers, but later I learned...

then we were all sent home early, my mom works in DC and she got stuck in the subway because of that airplane crashing into the pentagon...yeaa.

that's all I can remember~ RIP to the victims.

I was at school. It was the middle of the day over here when it happened and a teacher rushed into our class and said to our teacher "A plane's crashed into one of the twin towers." and she rushed out again then came back in after the second plane crashed and said "It's a terrorist attack. A 2nd one's crashed." I just remember being totally shocked.

I don't think at the time my mind even processed what was happening. I couldn't believe it.

I was at school. One of the other students began talking about this, but we couldn't believe him.

I was in my Anthropology class. My prof got a call on her cell that the towers have been hit... and she had a brother working there. She couldn't talk when she hung up.. she said something about the towers and they were saying it was a possible terrorist attack. She cancelled class and said go home and hug your loved ones. She was in tears at that point. (It turns out her brother was okay though.)

Right when I left Anthropology I saw I had a missed call from my mom. I called her back and she was crying. My best friend and I drove home from school (about 45 min away) and we listened to everything on the radio. I had the shakes the whole way home I was so scared. I was just wondering if there would be more attacks.

Such a sad day.

I was in bed.

I was dancing back then an didn't get home until after 4 am, so I would stay up to get the kids off to school and then go to bed.

My mom called shreiking that an airplane hit the tower and I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv- still in bed- and then the other plane hit.

It was a shaking, ethereal feeling.

Shocking.

My son's birthday is the 10th, and we have the kids parties on the weekends- always- and this really cast a terrifying shadow on everything.

I had a friend in NY (now a VP at Sirius radio!) so I kept calling and calling him and emailed him and he called me back a couple days later and said that my email was the very first one he got when the power came back on; he had some employees in the tower and he was just devastated.

It was indeed a very sad day. I was up and getting ready for work when my dad got a call to turn on the TV. It took us a few minutes to understand what was happening. The first plane had hit and we watched as the second plane hit the tower. I remember seeing people jumping out of windows. It was like something out of a movie. I was in a state of shock for a while.

Another sad thing - it was my two year wedding anniversay, but we were in no mood to celebrate or even go out of the house.

i was in 7th grade, third period p.e class. The rest of the day we just watched the news.

I woke up to get ready for school and my Mum said, go turn on the tv. I just sat there staring at it, couldn't believe it. It was the same on every channel. Seeing one of the planes hitting the first tower, over and over.. It was so surreal.

Back