HOLP! my budget blew out and now I want to spend!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HOLP!!

it's a really big month for me... mum's birthday, father's day, dad's birthday, close friend's birthday.. and my budget is just screwed.

Now I'm tempted to just blow the whole month off and go buy some shoes.

Sigh.

HELP ME RESIST!!!
eusa_naughty.gif

I'll make sure I reprimand you when you post in the haul forum
wink.gif
. Just remember that there are other important dates this month so you can wait a month for those shoes. Heck the might even be on sale later on.

Oh shoot Im sorryyyyyyy
lol.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL RICCI! Not helping!!!

You could take it as a reminder in the future to include setting aside money for gifts as part of your budget, that way you don't have this situation again.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif HOLP!!
it's a really big month for me... mum's birthday, father's day, dad's birthday, close friend's birthday.. and my budget is just screwed.

Now I'm tempted to just blow the whole month off and go buy some shoes.

Sigh.

HELP ME RESIST!!!
eusa_naughty.gif

Go for it...and chill out for a while after that.
I just went to Banana Republic to help one of my BFFs find an outfit for a date and I left spending $320. One of the sales assoicates gave me a Friends and Family coupon for 40% of all regular priced items...and then they had a boss sale (up to 40% off already marked down prices). I WENT CRAZY!!! I got a lot of my fall shopping out of the way. Now I must spend the next couple of weeks reflecting on my impulse buying and no shopping for a couple months (I am putting myself on punishment).

Stay strong! You can do it. Just imagine all those beautiful shoes you'll be able to buy overseas, they'll be much nicer than any shoes you'll get here. Plus, when people comment on them, you'll be able to say, "oh these? I got them in Italy."

lol speedy that is such a good answer.

But now I'm craving the 'twilight' books. I'm on the list at the library but it's been weeks already! I want it now now now!

You don't need the twilight books. You'll read them and then forget about them. But you'll never forget your overseas trip.

Think of it like this;

You're 70 years old and you're sitting down with your kids and grandkids, telling them about your life. Would you be telling them about the shoes you bought and the twilight books you read, or would you be telling them about the amazing time you had overseas?

See? You don't need to shop. Stay strong!

Speedy, great words of wisdom there, kudos girl! You can stay strong Rosie, you have done sooo well so far, this is just a small hiccup! Stay positive and think about all that fabulous shopping you can do when you're in Italy, and if I'm over there at the same time, we can burn holes in our pockets together!

How about buy your mum a pair of cute shoes that you really like, Rosie and then you can borrow then? Or maybe your dad would love a new purse? God knows I would!! Lol

I bought my mom a fishing pole once. But I was like 8.. She even let me borrow it!! Lol

Put money in envelopes for all the gifts. Set aside $50 for your mom, $50 for your dad, etc. Put them in seperate envelopes and label them. (Also, keep them safe, lol.)

If you have a credit card, put a sticky note on it with the amounts you set aside for your mum & dad & other stuff.

lol, coke, I DO do that most months, but honestly september is a killer every year. You think I'd learn! If I save an extra $10 per month in the lead up I'd have enough to cover all the gifts I need to buy, but do I ever do that? NO!

Pinksugar, so you are wanting new shoes but don't want to spend money on them?

This might sound a little tacky but maybe the thrift stores have some? Sometimes I have found heel or sandals that have never even been worn, one can tell by the bottoms being perfectly clean. I mean it will cost a buck or 2 if you find some.

I understand wanting more shoes believe me.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif How about buy your mum a pair of cute shoes that you really like, Rosie and then you can borrow then? Or maybe your dad would love a new purse? God knows I would!! Lol Karren would hate a new purse. hahahah

Popular books can be torrented - you can read now, buy them later if you want.

Shoes - haven't figured out how to download those yet.

Resist, resist, resist!!! This is a test of your resolve. I know how you feel, November is my bad month--birthdays, Thanksgiving, and then-- whammo! Christmas! Meditate, stare at candles, listen to soothing music, play with cats, listen to hard rock, anything to get your mind off spending friviously.

Put the money you would have spent on the shoes in a savings account and do that every time you get the urge to spend and what how the money grows. After a while, it gets more satisfying to watch the savings grow than to spend the money.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif How about buy your mum a pair of cute shoes that you really like, Rosie and then you can borrow then? Or maybe your dad would love a new purse? God knows I would!! Lol
I bought my mom a fishing pole once. But I was like 8.. She even let me borrow it!! Lol

Now that is cute!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif How about buy your mum a pair of cute shoes that you really like, Rosie and then you can borrow then? Or maybe your dad would love a new purse? God knows I would!! Lol

Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shoes - haven't figured out how to download those yet.

LOL I know! Let me know when you figure it out though... that would be as good as the fountain of youth!

Latest posts

Back