Silly Experiences That Have Shaken You Up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you ever had an experience that at the time scared the crap out of you but looking back you realise was silly?

I'm asking because I had one on Friday.

Got home from college and sat on the sofa to watch TV and chill out.

After about 10 minutes I got up to get a drink and as I tried to open the living room door I realised the handle was broken.

I'm claustrophobic and I PANICKED big time.

I was in the house on my own trapped in a room and no one would be home for at least two hours. Looking back on it now panicking was silly. There were windows in the room it wasn't like I was trapped in a tunnel or anything and if I hadn't of known the door was broken I'd have quite happily sat there for two hours oblivious. But it really shook me up. I felt so claustrophobic and I ended up getting my neighbour to pass me a screwdriver through the window and taking off the handle to get out. I'm such a scaredy cat!
rolleyes.gif

Oh girl, that is a good one.

Yep, I have had many of these mean little moments.

One... I was walking down the steps out of my house, and I was looking at my neighbours across the road. Next thing you know, I'm falling down landing on my ankle and twisted it a bit. It felt like I was falling miles and miles off the step but, really it was only a inch or two high. My heart pounded like I was being chased by a murderer and I seemed to be quite touchy for the rest of the day.

Days turned into weeks that turned into months and I always keep my eyes off my neighbours, but I hate it when that happens and you feel like your having a heart attack, but your not.

Has that happened to you? Apart from the time you spoke of here? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah I had one of those claustrophobic moments. I used to go tanning at quite a popular salon every second, if not every day before work or after the gym. After about a year I went to one of those number 3 beds that closes and opens wit the push of a button. After about 5 minutes the fuze must have blown becaus ethe music, fan and lights went off. I had it closed pretty tightly and on the feet end of the tanning bed is a fan and the top opening above the head had the wall behind it. So I waited for a minute if the restart it or something. Then I started yelling for someone. After about 10 Minutes finally one of the other guetss heard me and got a girl at the desk. The beds are in these indiidual stalls that remind me of bathroom stalls, open on the top. The girl could not find the damn key to get into the stall and get me out of there. She got the manager who also couldnt't find it and was too big to climb over the damn top. By that time I was panicking and trying to either press myself between the top opening and the wall or between the tiny gap on my side. Neither worked. Finally they reached another manager at her home who 45 minutes later (I looked at the clock when I came out), climbed ove rthe top of the door, opened it and the three of them lifted the top and got me out. At that point I was hsaking, crying and did not give a damn that I was naked with just a teeny towel they handed me. The one manager sat there with me for another 20 minutes when I got dressed because I could not stop shaking and get the shock off me. I never used the bed fully closed again and always hadthe phone right next where I could grab it after that when I still use dto go tanning.

A few weeks ago, I had a rather bizarre day that kind of makes me a bit tense at times lately when walking around downtown.  To make a long story short, I was out doing some shopping one day, and there was an empty walkway (maybe 12ft in width) I was walking through.  I saw a guy coming in the distance, and walked toward the other side; he then did the same.  With about 20 feet between us, I then walked toward the opposite side; he followed again.  He kept shadowing whatever way I walked, then came right up to me, stopped in front and smirked, then brushed by me.  Needless to say I was a little weirded out.

Fast forward a few hours later, I was on my way to get some school work done, and I was carrying my laptop and some notebooks with my research, so I had quite a bit I was carrying and was walking pretty slowly.  I went to go through the crosswalk by the Starbucks I was headed to and there was a big crowd, so I walked alongside the outside of it, and this guy pushing through the crowd suddenly steps outside of the crowd, slams into me with incredible force, then stops and starts yelling obscenities at me.  This was in an area with a number of bars, so he was probably trashed, but yeah, that shook me up.

I'll admit that I'd feel my heartbeat increase when I'd reach a crosswalk around there after that for the next little while.  I know it was sheer bad luck to bump into two jerks in one evening (I walk everywhere and this never happens), but I still felt a little tense after that.  It's not really rational, but it did make me kinda paranoid walking by myself for a bit.  Anyway, that's my silly experience!

Latest posts

Back