Powder minerals into liquid foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found an easy way to apply my foundation with mmu which is spray some water on the cap and pour some powder out and then mix it with a foundation brush and apply. it gives a lot of coverage with less powder needed then applying it the normal way. Now i want to make a full size liquid foundation and place it in a spray jar. thats way i can just spray it on my foundation brush or face and apply. im not going to make a lot but just enough so it can last me a full week or two of use before making a new to prevent bacteria and etc. But my question is will it turn bad?

I think it will turn bad as I know once minerals touch water, they will have bacteria growing, so I suggest don't take the risk to make in advance.

Yes dear, its not a good idea, I have seen somewhere, cant rem now..that they dun encourage you to let the foundie touch water. If you still keen to do it try it do it in a smaller scale and finish it by 2 or 3 days..that way you can judge it for urself, Just my opinion.

Don't put the damp cap back on the container of minerals. The moisture will contaminate your entire mineral contents.

BIG NO NO! the minerals last you forever if you will not dupt that.

but every day when you need to applying you can mix. its great way..

can you put it in MMU - TIPS ?

i thought like you when i mixed my mineral foundie with moisturizer, but i could keep it in 1 day only cause it dried out the day after

I say mix up a batch that you'll use immediately... It sounds like it's not a good idea to mix and store..

kopfkratz.gif
You would have to use some preservative product in order to keep it for more than a day, i know in homemade skincare an extract from grapefruit seeds is used, as well as vitamin E (for the antioxidant part). I don't know if it would work in that case, though.

I emailed Everyday Minerals asking about this the same day i made this post. A rep replied and said that this shouldnt be a problem at all and that the only prodction they dont advice getting wet is their finishing dust. HMMM maybe ill make one for a few uses only and see how it goes.

I think it would be ok if you made it up - it would last a few days.

But, I'm not sure you'd get it out of the sprayer bottle. In my opinion, the mineral particles will clog your sprayer.

If you do try it, let us know how it works..........

im not sure if it will clog it up over time because i dont make a lot just enough to last 3 days and then sanatize it. so far no rash or break outs. Ive been using it for 2 days. Also i dont use a lot of minerals just 1 1/2 part water and 1/2 part mineral. If i need more coverage i will spray more onto the brush and apply.

This makes my daily touch up routine a lot faster and easier. Back then i would carry a medium size foundation, baby kabuki, finisher and spray bottle. too many steps

Coolness, I'm glad it's working for you
smile.gif

Just cuz of this post, I decided to put my powder on and spray water over it... It looked sooo natural after... So thanks for the tip!

yeah I LOVE IT. I now make enough to last me above 2 weeks. i keep it in a spray bottle or a squirt bottle. with the spray bottle i spray some onto my brush and then apply or spray on my face first if i want. same with the squirt bottle.

O BTW i find that using a flat top brush or a mac 187 is the best!!!! you use sooo little product and still end up with good coverage ( i use EDM btw).

foundation used to take me 30 mins when applying it dry then sprit but now it takes me about 10 mins to do full face and contour. WOOO!!!!!

Originally Posted by makeupchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah I LOVE IT. I now make enough to last me above 2 weeks. i keep it in a spray bottle or a squirt bottle. with the spray bottle i spray some onto my brush and then apply or spray on my face first if i want. same with the squirt bottle.
O BTW i find that using a flat top brush or a mac 187 is the best!!!! you use sooo little product and still end up with good coverage ( i use EDM btw).

foundation used to take me 30 mins when applying it dry then sprit but now it takes me about 10 mins to do full face and contour. WOOO!!!!!

Great to know that its working for you gal.

I'm glad it's working for you
smile.gif
I'm too scared to try it lol. It's bad enough I'm breaking out right now.

i used to use a facial mist before applying foundie.. lately i found out that if apply toner a little more.. it can be a liquid base for my foundie.. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> clever

I'm glad that this is working for you but personally having the knowoledge what happens when you add water to the dry product, I would never do anything without preservative to put on my face. If you do something that is water based without the preservative and it is to last two weeks than keep it in the fridge, and if you want to do more and keep it in some place warm than buy optiphen or pheonip and add few drops, those preservatives would make your make up to last even a month.

Back