Probably a dumb question..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a way to block my ebay account from letting me bid on anything? I can't delete the account cuz I sell stuff on there. I've bought $200 of makeup on ebay and $100 from MAC which is alot for me and I'm supposed to be saving... I keep saying, I have everything I need, but I end up going back and picking up a random product. I'm pretty sure I'm through with MAC, but the ebay stuff is killing me, I can't stop bidding =[

(me and my bf are working and saving money to buy a car, and hes saving alot better than me, so I feel bad).

Soo , can I ban myself from bidding?

if not, what techniques do you use to remind yourself to save money?

As far as I know you can't, but why not give the password to your boyfriend and he can go in and change it to something you are unaware of.

Because I sell things on ebay. I sell alot more than I buy, which I guess is a good think, but I still need to save more.

I just resisted bidding on a smashbox kabuki ..

do you buy through paypal? you could just make the card associated with paypal be empty, that way it would make it difficult to pay for things through paypal, and you'd remember not to bid because of the extra drama transferring money would cause
smile.gif

Get a pic of the card you want to buy and set it as your desktop background. That way you're reminded of your goal everytime you want to purchase something else.

I think you need to recognize that the problem is not the accessibility, it is with the lack of self-control. Eliminating accessibility will make you find other ways around it. You have to change yourself is basically what I am saying.

Well, it sounds like you might have a limitation on your PayPal account. If this is the case, then any other PayPal you attempt to link would get limited. You might try to resolve the limited access on your account before doing so, to avoid further headache.

Also, you can opt for any email address in the "Selling Your Item" form on eBay. Just make sure to change it for the email address you'd like the PayPal payments sent to. This option is only found on the simple listing format and not on the advanced view.

If you have further questions, either regarding this process or regarding the possible limitation on your ccount you can contact PayPal toll free at 1-888-221-1161.

Latest posts

Back