What formulation of Visine do you use for ES?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried Visine once some time ago but I am not sure I used the correct formulation for MMU ES.
smile.gif
There were SO many formulations to choose from. Which one do you recommend?

Originally Posted by MMUgurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried Visine once some time ago but I am not sure I used the correct formulation for MMU ES.
smile.gif
There were SO many formulations to choose from. Which one do you recommend? thank you so much for this question. I want to know too!have a great day!

Do you use the visine to make cream ES? I am curious.........haven't heard of this before?

I am glad I am not the only one who wondered about this.
smile.gif

I have used it as my liquid for applying shadow wet (I have read on various forums that others do this), dampening my brush, but the formula I got I wasn't too impressed with (which I can't seem to find the Visine I purchased-I might have thrown it out).
smile.gif

I just tried this with regular red eye formula visine. I loved how much more vibrant all my mmu eye shadows came out! (I used edm eyeshadows) Here's a video tutorial:

Visine Original is the one ppl seem to use most...

Altho I've heard of ppl using generic eye drops too...

It does seem I remember hearing to use "original" but I don't recall any of them specifically stating that is what they were, they all had different types of name, & there were SO many I had no idea which one to choose.
biggrin.gif
I didn't know if I should be looking for specific ingredients or ?

Adrienne, thanks for the great info & tut!
smile.gif

Your welcome
wink.gif
I didn't foil until I saw this video either but it's so easy!! Since I don't own a firm flat shader brush (MAC's 239) I went and bought a Loew Cornell Maxine 270 Series Mop Brush in 3/8, it's made out of goat hair and it's firm enough to pack on any color. I loved it and it's really cheap too, I got mine for 2.50
smile.gif
I tried using my regular eyeshadow brushes and they didn't work that well although a concealer brush worked okay. I prefer the LC brush to all my other brushes.

Well, I did a little more research & it appears that many use the Visine with glycerin in it for foiling their eyeshadow, which would be the Natural Tears Formula, Tears Lubricant Eyedrops. So, that is what I will pick up today to try.
smile.gif

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by MMUgurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I did a little more research & it appears that many use the Visine with glycerin in it for foiling their eyeshadow, which would be the Natural Tears Formula, Tears Lubricant Eyedrops. So, that is what I will pick up today to try.
smile.gif

Thanks everyone!

wow,....eye drops to be used to apply e/s thats great..
thanks for the tip mmugurl...

Originally Posted by MMUgurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I did a little more research & it appears that many use the Visine with glycerin in it for foiling their eyeshadow, which would be the Natural Tears Formula, Tears Lubricant Eyedrops. So, that is what I will pick up today to try.
smile.gif

Thanks everyone!

Cool, that would make sense as when you make your own homemade mixing medium, glycerin is part of the ingredients
smile.gif
Thanks for the info.

I tried this yesterday and found it flaked pretty badly by the end of the day. This was before the glycerin post, that makes sense because I mix 50/50 h20 and glycerin to make a foiling medium and find it works better. Guess I have the wrong eye drops for this.

Back