FOTD October 1st, 2008

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I swear every time I try to take a picture when I use Star Violet e/s, the color never comes out right. It always looks so sad and brown
frown.gif
. There was definitely more contrast between the inner lid color and the outer part in person. My shadow has been really really simple lately...I need to start showing my brighter colors some affection
biggrin.gif

2196p7c.jpg

ou6rue.jpg

wbowea.jpg

I used:

NYC Powder

MAC Pink Swoon blush

L'oreal de-crease

Top color from Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip

MAC Star Violet

La Femme gel liner

Ardell falsies

MAC Politely Pink l/s

I like the neutral too, it looks really nice on you!

What is the colour like in real life if not so brown?

Thanks ladies
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like the neutral too, it looks really nice on you!
What is the colour like in real life if not so brown?

According to MAC, it's an "earth touched pinky brown plum fusion"...wow, that's a mouthful but a perfect description
laughing.gif
. It is brownish, but it also has the pink and plummy tones that the camera didn't pick up. So it's still a neutral in my opinion, but with a little kick
biggrin.gif

I agree that Star Violet pictures so differently than what it really looks like - but regardless of that - you still look fantastic!

yeah it does look brown on you, strange. I still love the look though, I can´t believe you use such a small amount of products. Above all, no foundation! Gasp! (I´m just guessing that the powder doesn´t have much coverage and you just have great skin)

Btw, I think I have the same earrings...did you get them at For Love 21 or Forever 21?

Yeah!! Fantastic look, Tiffany!! Love the brown!!!

I know what you mean about the flash washing out the detail.. I tried playing around with the camera settings but putting a coffee filter over the flash worked pretty good... And cut down just enough light to show more detail..

Here's mine:

l_e02ab2060c0d4e9ab40ff5bd8e499c55.jpg

Darn it, the color is pretty washed out
frown.gif
I'm actually all purple and sparkly!

I used:

a touch of Joppa Back From the Beach bronzer

Archetype Oil Slick for liner

Archetype The Black Dahlia for lid color

Archetype Gloomy Sunday for browbone color

Maybelline Full 'n' Soft mascara

Dreamworld Minerals Pixie Sunshine in Nectar formula on the lips

That's it
biggrin.gif

Love the colours Tiffany! I wish my neautral looks looked that good!
tongue.gif

Stell- You have great skin! That bronzer makes your cheekbones look really nice
smile.gif

Back