Dry ends

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So the ends of my hair are kinda dry and i know that getting a trim will help but i really want to grow my hair out and everytime i get a trim its not just a trim so i was wondering if anyone knew of something to put on the ends to moisturize and repair? I have some stuff from kms right now that helps a bit but i want that glossy shiny look and it doesnt do that. Also my hair gets greasy quickly so it has to be something that wont do that! Thanks!!

Redken Extreme Rescue Force conditioning treatment, if you're concerned about getting greasy, just put it on the ends of your hair in the shower, leave it for about 10 minutes, then rinse out. It should help moisturize it some, but if you have split ends, there's no way around it, you'll have to have it trimmed.

Jenifer Aniston and Britney Spears both use castor oil on the ends before going to bed.

I do, too,....it really helps.

If the ends are really dry then I think you will need a trim. Just tell the hairdresser that you want to grow your hair so you only want the very ends cutting off.

If you straighten your hair then a heat defense spray will help a lot because straightening really dries out hair. Oil treatments (I think L'Oreal and V05 do at home ones) and leave in conditioners might help too
smile.gif

Try L'OREAL Natures Therapy Moisture Nurturing Creme works great on my ends...It's comes in a yellowish jar and a green cap...the longer you leave it in the better...You can get it at Rickys or a Beauty Supply store...which is a lot cheaper then Rickys.
smile.gif

Or Bedhead's Ego Boost Split end Mender( I think that's what its called)...LOVE IT!

I like oils for dry ends, coconut, olive, as well as shea butter. But if the ends are really dry, getting a trim is the only option
frown.gif

I agree with magosienne, oils work wonderfully to hydrate the hair and and restore some moisture into the hair. Besides olive oil, you can try jojoba or avocado. A leave in treatment, such as a deep conditioner would help a lot as well.

I use Lush's Hsuan Wen Hua and put on a heating cap for deep conditioning. It smells like clove oil, which is good or bad depending on if you like the scent. It gets my hair super healthy.

You already know about the trim, but Korres has a wonderful treatment to keep ends moisturized and healthy called Korres Rice Proteins Hair Tip Serum for Split Ends.

Originally Posted by MusicNMakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif Jenifer Aniston and Britney Spears both use castor oil on the ends before going to bed.
I do, too,....it really helps.

Is castor oil hard to get out when washing? I have recently become obsessed with the No Poo method and wonder if this would be ok to try out?

I use Avons dry ends serum and beleive me its great stuff! Im not usually an Avon product fan but its amazing and I wear extensions most the time and this stuff always makes my ends silky smooth

Coconut oil is one of the only things that has been scientifically proven to change the structure of and moisturize the hair. You can google it and read all about the benefits,

Put it on your ends before you go to bed and wash it off in the morning. Might help. I would try doing this several times a week (though you might need to lay a towel on your pillow so you don' t get it all greasy!).

Back