YSL Black lip gloss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who has it?

Are you going to get it?

yslblackgloss004.jpg

yslblackgloss003.jpg

From Sephora.com

Yves Saint Laurent GLOSS PUR Black turns the lips into a spectacular fashion statement. For fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, black is the color and lips are the focus. Straight from the catwalk, YSL GLOSS PUR Black puts the two together in a super-shiny, limited-edition gloss. From plum to ebony, YSL GLOSS PUR Black dresses lips in an infinite range of shades, depending on how it is applied—feather light or rich and bold. Transparent yet intense, it plays on the depths of black and the pure shine of a sparkle-free formula.

images via temptalia.com

i wouldnt even wear it to the club. it would end up on my drinks

I dislike it immensely. It is like she had just finished drinking down some car oil. awful. not every color is wearable. i also don't want people thinking that white lipstick is likely an upcoming trend.

white lipstick? maybe in 1-2 years. dark lips are just barely sneaking into the mainstream

I want to try it. I think it would look great over a dark red l/s.

its really good for a black gloss, but i would never wear a black gloss in general

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dislike it immensely. It is like she had just finished drinking down some car oil. awful. not every color is wearable. i also don't want people thinking that white lipstick is likely an upcoming trend. Danng, I still have some white lipstick from almost 10 years ago rolling around in a drawer, lol!I loved it because it was SOOO 60's/'70's mod look!

Ummm. I wouldn't do it at this stage in the game though.

The black lipgloss, however, looks gross.

I probably wouldn't wear it alone, but over certain lipsticks it could add a nice dark edge to it.

lol! thats soo cool. when i was a goth (yes, i was a goth LOL) i used to wear black lipstick. wish i'd heard about this then! the problem with black lipstick was any slight smear or bleed of it onto the skin and it would absolutely awful. there's probably the same problem with the lipgloss!

i wouldn't wear this stuff now though, far too heavy for me.

Not on me at all, but I've seen some darker skinned ladies really rocking it.

Wow.

I really want to buy it, but I fear it might be too much.

However like everyone else said you can put over lighter lip products. (I don't have any)

Gotta buy some light lipsticks.

I'm too pale to pull it off, I think maybe on darker skinned girls it could look quite catwalk fashioney.

I've been through a black lippie phase before and it wasn't the look for me
wink.gif

I've seen it used over red lipstick and it looks pretty good, but, still, I think I'll pass.
wink.gif

Realistically, I think it'd just be something pretty to sit in a drawer in my case.

Latest posts

Back