Eyeshadow sifter or no sifter?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I much prefer any powder product with a sifter. I hate when too much pours out of the container.

With a sifter. I recall being very surprised the first time I received an e/s that had no sifter.

Just imagine how horrible you would feel if you accidentally dropped a jar of eyeshadow without a sifter and it spilled completely out.

The sifter also helps prevent too much product from coming out.

Okay... *grabbing my shield*

When it comes to eyeshadow, i actually prefer without sifter. It's tricky when you just bought the e/s, but after i just like to dip my brush in the jar directly.

No sifter for me also!
smile.gif

I've found with the eyeshadows i made (the only loose ones i've used) that while i could get as much as i needed out of the sifter; without the sifter i always had too much on my brush

So i'd be a sifter fan

I have to use sifter otherwise I always end up with too much makeup and that's what I hate.

i prefer without sifter, so that i can dip the brush directly in the jar so i'll need less time for e/s

Originally Posted by feu_du_ciel /img/forum/go_quote.gif i prefer without sifter, so that i can dip the brush directly in the jar so i'll need less time for e/s that is the big downside of the sifters. there are some sifters that i've seen that basically just have a hole in the centre, which i'd love to try cause i hate the sifters i have, even though (for me) its better than no sifter at all (i'm a HUGE clutz)

Without.

I like to aply mine with a wet brush. It can be hard to pick up enough from the sifter when the jar is really full.

with sifter

I don't like to dip my brush ( or anything ) in the jar

I heard that if u keep MMU clean it last longer

so I prefer to tab out of the sifter

Exactly. You shouldn't 'double-dip' into your main stash especially with a wet or damp brush. Moisture breeds bacteria.

I'd have to say with.

I'm such a klutz.

I spill a lot so a sifter is really helpful and almost necessary for me.

A sifter lets me control how much I need rather than putting too much on the brush.

If I didn't spill then I'd be getting more product but without it I'd most likely lose the extra product by spilling it.

Back