The Southern Comfort Conference

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just returned from a mini vacation in Atlanta Georgia where I attended The Southern Comfort Conference - the worlds largest transgender event. This is an event sure to give nightmares to your average run-of-the-mill ultra macho foot ball playing type guys!

Any way, I was very pleased with some of the looks I achieved and wanted to share it with you. Advice and suggestions are of course welcome!

2915942161_fa56eac16f.jpg

Getting ready to go to the airport. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I may have done that was different from my norm, but I thought I looked better than usual and was very pleased.

2915947833_7cfecaf568.jpg

Getting ready to go to dinner with friends!

2915982587_3d4b3f38cd.jpg

Going out that first night

2915989789_05eb0f1740.jpg

My second day there

And my favorites for last! The first time I've ever had an excuse to wear a formal gown! I had no idea how traumatic an event it can be to try and find a gown that you like, that will fit, that will flatter you, and that you can afford. I know this sounds like a drama queen, but I swear I did not get a good nights sleep for weeks worrying about how I would look in it, and then half starving myself just to make sure it would fit.

2916903718_3ebb3f1418.jpg

2916007331_bd85b4d07e.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to share with people that have a clue what kind of time and effort is involved.

Hugs and best wishes,

Kim

Kim I think you looked fabulous in that gown! It has a lovely neckline and really suits you. It looks like you had a really good time, thanks for sharing!

YOu have a great sense of style!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your shoes and skirts... and dress was def fab!!

Thanks Ladies! After being all glamor for a weekend, coming back to the real world after this event was sort of a downer! lol

Darla, I met Tracy Shapes there if that is who you mean. She was awesome and a really cool person to hang out with. You should have seen her Friday night - she was adorable!

I agree with Brewgrl, you have a great sense of style. Btw, I think you knocked the ball out of the park compared to the other women
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with Brewgrl, you have a great sense of style. Btw, I think you knocked the ball out of the park compared to the other women
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Awe! Thanks!
lol.gif

I agree w/ everyone, you do have a great sense of style. I love your shoes from the second day, and your gown is beautiful.

How cool, Kim!! You always get to the cool places.. Lol. I get to go to the coal mines.. I notice MJ in one of the photos.. Ya look fantastic..

Thank you so much ladies!

Maybe it's just me, or my own little hang up, but often after a social even of any sort I find myself critiquing myself and my actions. Picking apart all of the little things I did and said and of course focusing on all of the negative aspects. I don't mean just my look or my clothes, i mean all the little social interactions.

That's kind of where I'm at right now. LOL

I think you look wonderful - loved all your outfits and especially the black gown!

I hear you on that... usually if I had more than normal to drink so that it's really hard for me to notice if i made cute quirky remarks or sarcastic catty remarks, or if i stumbled all over the place, or if i hung on to a particuliar group of people for too long or not.

But you can only beat yourself up for so long, and know that you did your best at the time, which is probably better than a lot of people!

Originally Posted by TxKimberly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you so much ladies!Maybe it's just me, or my own little hang up, but often after a social even of any sort I find myself critiquing myself and my actions. Picking apart all of the little things I did and said and of course focusing on all of the negative aspects. I don't mean just my look or my clothes, i mean all the little social interactions.

That's kind of where I'm at right now. LOL

Back