Highest heels?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering what are the highest heels you have been able to wear to work for the day? I am trying to get used to wearing higher heels for work, do you think its a good idea?

What kind of work do you do? I'm also trying to get used to wearing them so I've been wearing them at work but I sit at a desk all day so I'm not on my feet for very long. I'd start out with a shorter heel and then move your way up to whatever height you want. I love 4"+ ones but I can't wear them for very long so I'm starting with 3".

I work the front desk at a beauty salon! So I have to work but some of the other women there wear 4"+ heels every day no problem.

4" heels I've worked for a day
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The highest I have been able to wear to work all day is 4"+ but I sit at a desk 90% of the day. When I was working retail the highest I wore was about an inch.

wow! 4"+! well done ladies

lol i can't even walk in 4" heels! 2" is my limit!

I usually wear a 3" to 4" heel to work...and I have to stand on marble floors the entire time.
frown.gif

For me, confort has more to do with the style of the shoe than the height. I almost always wear boots because they're enclosed around my foot, they don't slide around causing blisters, and I can wear socks with them (which makes them infinately more comfortable). I'm going to slowly start breaking in my heels but only when I'm working a five hour or less shift.

When I was in the band, I wore 4" heels while dancing. Now, I just want comfy flat slip-ons when I go shopping or if I need to wear something with heels I wear 3 inches wedge shoes.

at my retail job I can usually only wear flats or like 1 or 2 inch. i prefer flats there because of the mat that's on the floor in the cash register cube; it just doesn't do well with heels.

but i like higher heels (above 3inches) for like clubbing and whatnot, especially if they're chunky or have a bit of a platform in the front.

I used to be a sales associate and would wear heels ALL the time.. the highest I've gone for a work day there was 4 inches. I DO NOT KNOW WHY haha. My feet are HURT now. Now I work an office job and can afford to do that, but I commute to work via public transportation and so I decided to wear flats while traveling and then slip the heels on at work. The highest I would or could ever do anywhere is 4'', but I like a heel a little under 3'' best.

Basically, if you are not on your feet very much, have fun and wear the heels.. start with a kitten heel or even in the middle with a 2 to 2.75 heel. Also, if you travel like me, bring some flats in your bag!

My shoes range from my single pair of ballerina flats (can't find any other ballerinas at a decent price that are small enough to fit me) to 3.5/4 inch heels...but I sit at my desk all day AND I have a pair of slippers I keep under my desk. The moment I sit down the shoes come off! I hate wearing shoes!

Maybe I'm just a sissy. I'll wear heels out but usually I'll want to sit down after an hour or two. I have no idea how girls walk in stilettos all day long, or go on shopping sprees like that, especially those celebrities who never take them off their feet. I get blisters from walking the mile to go downtown. ouch.

I don't wear heels to work but I can wear 3.5 to 4 inch heels for extended periods of time.. Over 4 and I fall down a lot. Lol. My wife complains when she has to wear 1" heels.. She says that male fashion designers are forcing women to wear these high heel shoes... Maybe so but no ones forcing me!! Hahaha

thats pretty good Karren, i have a hard time wearing anything over 3"

I have just started this year wearing 5" heels for work and have gotten quite comfortable with them now!

This weekend I wore a pair of 7'' platforms to work; 5'' inch heel and a 2'' platform. It was only a six hour shift but I was standing the entire time; I'm proud of myself.
smile.gif

Back