Adorable eyeshadow idea from givenchy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
they have little dots! The color probably comes out like a muddy shade of gray ... but it looks so cute!

givenchy%20fall08%20shadows.jpg

img_produit_89.jpg

the dots are a recurring theme throughout the fall 08 collection.

I won't be buying .. but I do think the design is cuuute

Yes, I agree, the colors could have been much more unique and flattering, but the dots and design of the eyeshdows are really cute.

The darker palette is the one I would recommend for getting more use out of however, if one wanted to treat themselves, or were thinking of a holiday gift for a beauty lover in their life.

Not something I would buy but I agree that the design is really cute.

Hmm...I don't care for the dots. What's that about? Doesn't look very appealing.

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm...I don't care for the dots. What's that about? Doesn't look very appealing. I agree :/

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif Too expensive. Is the quality better than MAC e/s? cuz it is way more expensive than MAC Givenchy is a luxury brand so yeah, it's more expensive than M.A.C. But then, M.A.C is far from the most expensive brand around. *lol*
I saw the palettes in person and they are really cute and chic looking. However, the colors are rather ordinary. I didn't even bother swatching them. :/

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm...I don't care for the dots. What's that about? Doesn't look very appealing. Luxury collections don't have "themes" like other brands .. here is what they have on their site:

Quote:
"Once upon a time", a tune invaded my mind. My collection came together slowly. I knew what the setting was, but not the meaning.
Barbara’s ‘L’Aigle noir’ drew me into its world, and I let myself be carried away on its midnight-blue wings. The blue night was sprinkled with precious gems, and the late-night promenade was filled with butterflies. I pictured butterflies with spots, proudly and elegantly showing off their differences.

These complex, charming and mysterious rebels were armed with elegance in the battle against conformism. The codes of the dandy brought me back to Givenchy. A little polka dot dress, a tomboy wearing rough diamonds. A designer and his muse. A never-ending story.

The collection combines extremely refined textures and the discreet distinction of navy-blue cases with covers decorated with white polka dots."

Nicolas Degennes

photos: 2008 Autumn Winter Collection, Collections, Make Up - Givenchy Parfums : Maquillage, Soins, Parfums
Personally I love the texture and color pay off, but im saving my money, maybe some other time when the colors are more "me".

I think it looks really cute but I wouldn't buy it because the colours would probably come out muddy mixed together.

Back