***Official 2008/2009 NHL Thread***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK folks, it's time for more hockey talk.

To begin with, I found a site that explains some of the rules of the game.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/lea...nd_the_NHL.htm

Thursday October 9 was the first day of 2008/2009 NHL season.

In Canada, Toronto played Detroit and Calgary played Vancouver.

TO won but not sure about second game.

Def Lepard played in Detroit and Allanis Morisette played in Montreal.

I love Def Lepard and their opening song - Let's Get Rocked - was completely appropriate!

20070322-112647-g.jpg

wub.gif

lol! Love me some Vincent Lecavalier! Go Lightning!

Def Lepard played their opening song? woot! i LOVE Def Lepard! Too bad i missed it lol.

Shaundra,

I bet Tampa Bay is going to have a pretty good year - should make the playoffs this time. With Vinny, Martin, Steven Stampos, veteran Gary Roberts and Barry Melrose (not my favourite guy but a decent coach none the less) they'll do well.

I heard that Vinny got a nice juicy contract...ahh to be a professional athlete

I am going to root for Washington Capitals again. Thanks Dragonfly!

WashingtonCapitals.jpg

not good i start watching and they are down 2-0 already to Chicago. I do not it seems bring them luck.

Penguins are beating NJ 1-0 in the second.. On a goal by the new guy.. Satan.. Pronounced Shatan. Sid and Maklin look great!!

I won a pair of tickets to a game in our companies sjy box but my daughter stole them.. So I bought 2 tickets each to two games for the wife and I.. Total cost over $500!! Ekkkkk. .

washington is tied now 2-2 . hey did you see that Sarah Palin dropped the puck in PHilly?

Of coarse the big story is about Sean Avery

Quote:
Vogue intern Sean Avery explores his double life as a fashionisto and professional hockey player. It begins with a fantastic montage of Avery playing hockey and sitting front row at the Marc Jacobs spring 2009 show. We don't know anything about hockey, but apparently Sean Avery "revels in being the most despised man in his sport." His fashion interest began as a child when he would steal dolls from his babysitters. ESPN goes shopping with Avery, who wears a shirt from one of his favorite stores Blue & Cream. "I certainly admire a nice purse — no question," he says, fondling a bag. He also discusses his Vogue days, dragging his teammates to Neiman Marcus, and brags about already having met a few gays in Dallas, where he recently moved to play hockey. The video's eight minutes long, but we recommend you watch every second of it. source - Video: Sean Avery Talks About Playing With Dolls As a Child -- The Cut: New York Magazine's Fashion Blog

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif washington is tied now 2-2 . hey did you see that Sarah Palin dropped the puck in PHilly? I did! I'm a weird Canadian, I cry every time i hear the star spangled banner lmao!
And what the hell kind of crack is Marty Biron on tonight I wonder? NY haven't scored since he got pulled. Niittymaki is going pretty awesome tho! My guess is he'll be in the net next game :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

4-2 with the 3rd still to go!! Comon Flyers!!!

WOOOOOT!!! Score!!!!!!!!
rockwoot.gif
4-3 . . . .Flyer's got 16 minutes to get another one !!

I am in pain - My beloved Toronto 1, Montreal 6 in the third.

Avery hates Canadian media - maybe it's because they call it like it is - he's an ass.

Hey, am I the only one that thinks that Avery has nicely feminine eyebrows.

I could see him with makeup and pulling it off!

Leafs played well against Detroit the other day tho! Much to my chagrin, because even tho I'm a Flyers fan, Danny Cleary has a special place in my heart
tongue.gif

Ugh. Flyers didn't get another goal to tie it up but oh well, they played a good game once Biron was pulled.
smile.gif
I doubt NY would have even got those 4 goals if Niitymakki had been in the net.

Washington won 4-2 after being down 2-0! Ovetchkin got two goals>

the third goal was very dramatic and only counted after video replay. whats the deal with having to go back to Toronto for the call?

washington had lost its first game 7-4.

Nj just tied it up with a couple minutes to play... They are out shooting the Penns 3 - 1... Not good.. We need to shoot more..

Over on the crossdressing site everyones saying Avery is a closet crossdresser.. Lol.

Were going to OT!!

I just found this snippet of info on video replays:

The NHL began using video replay in the 1991-92 season to check goals and, like MLB, the NHL uses a central location -- in Toronto -- to control review video feeds. The NBA has used replay to check last-second shots since the 2002-03 season, and last season began using video in situations involving fights or flagrant fouls.

Source: MLB enacts instant replay for home run calls

Baseball is catching up to hockey.... Well they will when the second baseman can check the runner!! lol And the batter can smack the catcher with the bat as long as it's not aove his waist!!
smile.gif

My hubby is gone to the Leafs/St Louis game
redface.gif
Luckily I'm not a leafs fan or I'd be jealous
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by SqueeKee /img/forum/go_quote.gif My hubby is gone to the Leafs/St Louis game
redface.gif
Luckily I'm not a leafs fan or I'd be jealous
tongue.gif
Does it matter who's playing? I like going just so I can get beer spilled on me by the drunks in the row above me and pay super high prices for popcorn!!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back