Would you be creeped out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....would you be creeped out if a past friend (say from elementary school) contacted you..and you haven't talked to them since elementary but you were best friends with them

orrrr would you be really happy? lol I'm kind of in this situation...I moved in the fourth grade to the US so i lost contact with all my friends then...and I still miss some of them and just genuinely want to know how they were doing. and so I was on this chinese facebook thing and I found one of them and she was seriously my best friend for a long time but things drifted apart when I moved...

I want to say hi or give her a friendly message...but somehow I think people would get freaked out. kind of stalkerish? haha

if it's a girl not so much, if it was a guy then maybe...

guess it depends on the message you send! I think it's sweet, not stalkerish!

I don't think it's creepy at all, I have had a few people I went to primary school with add me on facebook and I was delighted to hear from them! I've rekindled some of those friendships too, so for me, I wouldn't be creeped out, unless I really didn't like them!

I don't think it would be creepy, although I do agree with Rosie that it might be weird if it were a guy.

I don't think it'd be weird if it was a girl. I contacted plenty of old friends from back in the day and it's fun to catch up and see how they're doing. I've also had plenty of people contact me and I think it's flattering that they thought to look me up. Makes me feel a little special that they considered me that good of a friend to search for me after all these years.

I don't think its creepy. I mean, isn't that one reason people belong to Facebook or Myspace - so they can keep in touch with people?

I have added a few friends from primary school on myspace, i don't think it's freaky..it's good to catch up
smile.gif

I don't think it's creepy at all. What's wrong with making contact with childhood friends?
smile.gif

no its not weird at all.

there is a web site, Classmates that gets into that kind of school related stuff. at least for the US

I've found in a lot of cases things have moved on especially where one person went off to college and the other stayed home and worked in the Safeway or something along those lines.

lol thanks everyone, and she's a girl...yea

I just think i'm intruding on their life or something (i'm way, way too polite/shy sometimes, even online XD)

I don't know...I think weirdly haha. but I did message her and said hi. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love it. I was one of those that moved alot and I always wondered what happened to my friends. I have contacted alot of my friends since I have moved and some have been just about 17 years later. Let me tell you, we clicked just like we did when we were little. And guess what, they wonder what had been going on with me too. So give it a go, good things could happen from it.

I don't think it's weird at all.

I've actually had many experiences like that in the past 6 months.

I'm so happy I got back in contact with them!

Hmm... my first thoughts were that i would be nothing but exciting to see them.

But i sorta thought about it

Firstly that she hasnt seen em since elementary school. Personally, i do not have a single good friend from primary (aussie here) school that i havnt seen atleast once in my city in the past 10 years. I went to high school with most of them and the rest ive seen from time to time.

Secondly, if you and her were best friends, there must have been a very good reason why you stopped being friends just because you changed schools.

So therefore, if i had a falling out with them, and then didnt see them for 11 years, and they suddenly found me? Yeah thats kinda weird i reckon.

I still think you should reply to her message though
smile.gif

I think it's quite sweet! Recently I've been chatting to a girl I used to go to school with on myspace and haven't seen for years, I think it's nice to catch up
smile.gif

Definitely cool, not creepy. Unless, of course, you are leaving out part of the story. *lol*
wink.gif

But, seriously, I've been contacted by childhood chums and I've always been touched that they thought to look me up.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TheGreenFairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm... my first thoughts were that i would be nothing but exciting to see them.
But i sorta thought about it

Firstly that she hasnt seen em since elementary school. Personally, i do not have a single good friend from primary (aussie here) school that i havnt seen atleast once in my city in the past 10 years. I went to high school with most of them and the rest ive seen from time to time.

Secondly, if you and her were best friends, there must have been a very good reason why you stopped being friends just because you changed schools.

So therefore, if i had a falling out with them, and then didnt see them for 11 years, and they suddenly found me? Yeah thats kinda weird i reckon.

I still think you should reply to her message though
smile.gif

lol I don't think it's anything like we had a falling out or any sort. we were in the fourth grade and at that time I didn't even have an email or computer and the fact that I was in 4th grade. I contacted her a year later but she was moving too so we lost contact afterwards and we just never heard from each other again. but now that technology is so advanced and facebook & other search engines and such are so prevalent it's easier to find people. I just never knew how to find her or anyone lol

Don't think it's creepy at all. I mean, if you guys were the best of friends, I don't see the big deal. If it were a guy, then perhaps. I remember one time this guy in my 1st grade class found me on myspace. He then msg'd me and said "hey, I remember you. We had Ms Donahue and you sat 2 desks in front of me. You still look the same as I would never forget that face" Uhhh....creepy! lol, I had to block him since I did not know what to say :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think it would be nice to catch up with someone you haven't seen in a long time.

Back