Buying fragrance online ??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you ever buy fragrance online?

I know I prefer to buy perfume in person but some scents are just not available in the shops. So I have been looking at sites like FragranceX and Fragrancenet , did anyone buy there?

I have never bought online unless I knew what it smelled like first. If they don't have it in stores, I'll try to find a way to get samples. Many companies on their website will have a small promotion and send you a free sample to try it out. Of course it takes weeks to get it but I'd rather wait than get stuck with a 100 dollar bottle of stinky lol.

I have bought from similar sites as well. Yes it isn't the best option if you are trying a new fragrance...but if you already are familiar with it...why not get it at a cheaper price? Often, you will get the same bottle 30-40% cheaper than if you bought it at a department store. Sometimes just because it's a tester, it's even cheaper..and all that means is that you don't get the same packaging, it will come in a plain box. But who cares about that? sign up on their sites and within a few days they will send you coupons and specials...so you can save even more!

I have bought LE's that I can't live without from online sites... the only way for me to get my hands on them still!

I have, generally it's perfumes I have smelt in store before so I know what they smell like, but I have bought perfume online before and have had no problems.

Here's some deals for some of these places:

FragranceNet.com:

$20 off any order over $150 -- enter 827TW at checkout

$10 off any order over $80 -- enter TN827 at checkout

$5 off any order over $40 -- enter FTY27 at checkout

10% off entire order -- enter TPE82 at checkout

Offers expire 11/3/08

ThePerfumeSpot.com

10% off entire order -- use coupon code CA

Customer Appreciation sale, good till 11/3/08

BeautyEncounter.com

save 10% off entire order - use code NEWLOOK at checkout