Anyone in School?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Share your frustration with me!

I have an essay due this Friday and I'm barely starting it... yes, I procrastinate but I really hate the subject: Sociology. AKA Sociolcaca. I wanna go Linda Blair in Exorcist on this and just throw up all over my assignment, that's how disgusted and frustrated I am with it.

I also have Nutrition class but that's been alright. I've heard it was hard but all you gotta do is mesmerize stuff... better than actually thinking and relating me to the social world. And this is what I need to do in order to get in the Dental Hygiene program. I really don't get how Cultural Relativism and Social Imagination relates to teeth. UGH. Not cool.

Get this, my sister barges into my room crying about she needs pictures for her family tree project for French class and how hard it is and wah wah wah or however you say wah in French... Le' Wah.
plain.gif
< I gave her that look times 10 for complaining about easy High School stuff when I'm over here trying to comprehend nerdy stuff...

Anyone else pulling hair?

I hear you!

I have something due tomorrow. Yup, not going to be done. I remember how much easier school was than uni.. wouldn't go back there for anything, but STILL. MUCH MUCH EASIER! so tell your sister to quit biatching!

LMAO, Rosie...

Thanks, Angela. I hope I excel. I know it won't be Sociolcaca, that's for sure.

I just started my PhD program last week. " WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!" is the question that I ask myself everyday day since I started.

Celly I feel your pain...85% of the crap you learn in high school and the first year and a half of undergrad is somewhat useless. I can even say some of the crap I learned from courses in my actual field were worthless. The bulk of my knowledge has actually been from real life work experience.

Pavlov's theory...huh..for what, out the door...calculus...in one ear and out the other...Pythagorean theorem...didn't help me balance my checkbook (but wait I don't balance my checkbook and just check my balance online)!

Girl I need a rich husband...I'm talkin billionaire rich...I need some travel time and plenty of liquor...my brain is tired!

Originally Posted by LookLovely429 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just started my PhD program last week. " WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!" is the question that I ask myself everyday day since I started.
Celly I feel your pain...85% of the crap you learn in high school and the first year and a half of undergrad is somewhat useless. I can even say some of the crap I learned from courses in my actual field were worthless. The bulk of my knowledge has actually been from real life work experience.

Pavlov's theory...huh..for what, out the door...calculus...in one ear and out the other...Pythagorean theorem...didn't help me balance my checkbook (but wait I don't balance my checkbook and just check my balance online)!

Girl I need a rich husband...I'm talkin billionaire rich...I need some travel time and plenty of liquor...my brain is tired!

Sigh* It saddens me you feel the pain.
If only there were disposable better looking versions of Bill Gates hobbling around awaiting for our arrival.

It's nearly 6 AM and I'm still doing this essay. Hoomygod, POR QUE?!

Well I'm taking non-credit online classes...that counts right??
lol.gif

Well it's a web design course and it's really fun learning a lot. Hopefully I'll get really good at it so I can make some money from it. Right now we just got to the little more difficult stuff about web design but for the past 5 weeks it's been pretty simple.

I totally hear you! I have an Environmental Management Report for a petroleum company that uses SAGD due in a week, plus mid terms are popping up like crazy. I'm supposed to go on a field trip to a drilling site next weekend but I don't think I'll have the time to make it
frown.gif

Girl!!! I feel ya. I work full-time, go to school full-time and i'm pregnant. I have time for nothing much less studying. Every single day is a battle.

Socialcaca lmaoo. Some of my friends are doing that at college and they all complain about it.

My teachers pile work on me constantly, they must think I'm like a machine or something. Grr.

I wish I was still in High School, I loved French haha
biggrin.gif

I'd pull my hair but it would probably all end up in my hands (I wear extensions lol
tongue.gif
)

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sigh* It saddens me you feel the pain.
If only there were disposable better looking versions of Bill Gates hobbling around awaiting for our arrival.

It's nearly 6 AM and I'm still doing this essay. Hoomygod, POR QUE?!

I don't care what he looks like...he won't be with me...I'll be chillin with George, Lincoln, Alex, Andrew, Ulysses, and Benjamin!

I can sympathize with your pain lol

I have a test tomorrow in RE, I can't write 'cos of my arm. That should be fun! I mean, what the hell do they expect me to do?!

Media sucks at the minute, our teacher's flipping out over nothing and since I can't draw or write down any of my notes or ideas I'm getting really frustrated and I tried painting with my left hand today in Art, it didn't go well.

Ugh, I'm seriously pulling my hair out with my good hand
tongue.gif

sociology was one of my faves- i HaTED astronomy i t was a pain in the arse!...not much of a science person, my fave overall class was cultural anthropology and human sexuality.

I feel you, Celly...I'm in school again...ugh, after "graduating" this last spring, because I have two classes that I still have to take. It sucks, having already walked with the cap and gown and with no diploma to show for it...lol. But yeah, that's what I get for putting off Chemistry until my last quarter!!! So yeah, I just finished a Chem midterm and I hope I did ok...last night was crazy...I procrastinate too so I had to pull an all-nighter.

Ok, and here's what puzzles me most...what does P.E. have to do with getting a degree? Umm, that's stuff they tell you in high school, that you can't graduate unless you pass P.E. I thought I was done with all that, but nooooooooo, they tell me I need one more P.E. class to complete my GE requirements...wtf? I actually don't mind doing a PE class so I can work out a little bit, but it just really messes with my schedule. Anyway, I'm taking Yoga and it's kicking my butt. lol. Boy, am I really out of condition. haha.

Hey, if you need any ideas for your Sociolcaca class, I can help you out if you like...
smile.gif
What topic are you doing it on? I actually love Sociolcaca, just because usually you can write a lot of bs on the paper, as long as you spit out Sociolcaca-terminology. In my experience, at least, lol. So yeah, let me know. =)

ugh..yes..i just started my first semester at a community college..i'm having a hard time keeping up with everything..i failed an exam today!
frown.gif
it seems like i don't have time for anything else, sometimes i wish i would have waited a little longer & took a break ( i just graduated high school). but i feel ya! it can be overwhelming, but i just try to think about the end rewards...graduating...gettin a degree..better job, more $ ya know?

good luck, and know you're not definately not alone!

I AM! I just handed in my paper on the history of PI for my Early History of Mathematics class. It ended up being way too long, and I had to cut a bunch of it out...and now I'm not happy with it at all.
frown.gif

I finished up college last year but I still remember the stress and constant self-doubt that my course work caused. Sometimes, I don't know why I put myself through the torture. But I did make it through and so will you! Hang in there, chica...one day soon it will all be worth it. Hugs.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back