No Buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for four weeks

I need to pay off bills before I can indulge myself with MAC, Too Faced UD, and other gorgeous makeup lines.

this also includes :

Blockbuster,

Barnes and Noble, Borders Books (I LOVE reading)

Music

D=

My Too Faced eyeshadow duo fell and the colors mixed!

Now I REALLY want to go to Sephora and buy a replacement.

3 more weeks!

Oh I hate when that happens! I recently lost my Stila Kitten shadow to a fall.
frown.gif

Hey, at least you made it three weeks! Sometimes, saving money is done in baby steps. Enjoy the new goodies...

I'm a newbie, but I wanted to share that I struggle with this too! I used to work at Barnes and Noble and since I had a discount it was insanely hard to resist going crazy and spending half my paycheck!
doh.gif
I also love to shop for music, beauty products, and cute accesories and jewelry. I've since given myself an allowance. Once a week I let myself purchase something nice under twenty dollars. If there's something really pricey I actually wait the number of weeks it takes to save enough. Good luck to you, and way to go for being responsible. Self-control has it's own reward in making one feel better about oneself.
heart.gif

3 weeks is a really good place to start.

no buys are super hard. but a lot of time after you are done they help you keep your spending in check so even if you are no longer on a no-buy you tend to spend less money cause you are more financially minded

Latest posts

Back