Sports Forum Yay or Nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I was thinking a Sports Forum would be useful . . . I know I personally find it kind of hard to keep track of all the NHL games in the one thread we have, especially if we have a few games on the same night. Also, I sometimes think of threads I'd like to make but then I'm not sure if I should just post it in the NHL thread? And then I don't even bother because, again, it would be so hard to keep track of :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyways, Yay or Nay to a Sports forum
tongue.gif
(Or at the very least, a Hockey Forum
wink.gif
)

Kee i am in favor of the idea, but to be honest I know this has been brought up a few times and I don't think it has legs. I still voted yes in your poll.

Aw that's too bad. My original idea was actually a temporary (for the hockey season) NHL forum but it was suggested to me that a sports forum would be better and that I should make a poll for it
tongue.gif

Well the three of us and Carolyn are the only ones that post in the NHL thread... Football sank out of site since Ohappydayes left and Katnhat isn't on much.. Baseball... Yawnnnnn...

Sports specific stickies seem to work well for playoffs and special events... Olympics and such... Personally I love sports but don't see the volume based need..

Originally Posted by SqueeKee /img/forum/go_quote.gif But the one thread is so confusing >.< agreed I don't like them either

Yea it's such a pain when there are a few games on the same night . . . it's just random. =/

I can say that I'm not much of a sports fan so I probably wouldn't post in/ or view the forum
whistling.gif

How many times can I vote on this poll? Believe me, they'd be all yes!

I am a huge sports fan and would love a sports forum.

I'm a huge football fan... I love sports in general. Maybe you can do a sub-forum in entertainment or something. idk...

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a huge football fan... I love sports in general. Maybe you can do a sub-forum in entertainment or something. idk... Oh I really like this idea!!
rockwoot.gif
We already have "In the News" and "reality TV", subforums that really don't have much traffic either . . . and Sports is technically entertainment . . . brilliant! This is definitely what would work best, Imo.

I personally don't look into sport threads because they're confusing and zzz but a seperate forum would be nice and it can all be kept there instead of Gen Chit Chat. I find it annoying seeing it (sport threads) under Gen Chit Chat because technically it's entertainment - so I second a sub-forum... but it's been discussed a lot between mods and it's usually a no-go because then there would be request for other forums and there probably won't be much activity because this forum is general made up with women.

Anyway, I voted yes. Lol.

I wouldn't really use it either, so I didn't vote, since I'm not against it, I just don't really have feelings either way.

I can't really see an independant forum like that fly, perhaps a subforum would be a good idea instead. I personally wouldn't use it myself, but if it attracts a decent amout of interest in this thread, then maybe it could be considered.

Awwww... I'm reading all the posts and I hafta agree... I dunno if I'd use it much... I'm not into sports that much anymore...

Hopefully the fanatics would come crawling out the woodwork and give us a good round kick!

I voted no just because there doesn't seem to be that many sports threads and I hate all kinds of sport so I wouldn't use it.

I think if there were quite a few threads about sport going on then it would be a good idea as a subforum though.

I voted yes for the sports forum because it doesn't seem to belong in the General Chit Chat. Only a few really are interested in sports. It also seems logical that all sports should be there instead of just individual forums for each sport because of the relative small number of people that would use it.

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif One thing I was thinking is that you could make some social groups for the diff sports and post in there. I voted no, and i think Tony's idea is way much better
icon14.gif

Latest posts

Back