MAC Studio Fix Destroyed My Face, Is Prescriptives My Savior?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have used MAC Studio Fix powder and fluid for the past 3 years and it has gradualy destroyed my face.
pedro.gif
Every blemish and scar that I have on face I blame on Studio Fix. Yesterday I said the heck with it and threw $100 worth of makup foundation from MAC in the trash-can, went to the Prescriptives counter, plomped down in the chair and told the makeup artist to save my skin. She proceeded to match my skintone with a foundation and give me oogles of samples for oil control lotion, repairing creams and fine line serums. This is morning # one of my Prescriptives makeup and other than a little oiliness on my nose my skin feels good. It doesnt feel itchy or bumpy. The makeup claims to reduce oiliness over a period of time. I hope so. I also ordered a Clarisonic brush which should arrive today, Ive been using Benzaclin gel for my acne from my derm. With my new skin care regimen I hope to revive and heal my skin. Do any of you ladies use Prescriptives? How do you like it?

Hey Sista--I hope the Px is still working well for you. Did she give you the Comfort collection to try? The purpose of that IS to reduce oiliness so you won't have to use it forever. It sort of 'corrects' your skin to bring it back to its former glory, so then you will be able to use a normal moisturizer, etc. I really hope it works for you--I love their skin care and foundation!

I've heard of tons of problems with studio fix but I've never tried it. I have tried px and before I went to mmu I loved it. It looked really natural on me and I had no problems whatsoever.

I use Prescriptives and I love it. I think it helped my skin too. I actually bought it after I broke out really bad because it was voted one of the best in some magazine a couple of years ago. It's expensive, but worth it.

SInce I am trying to save $ now, I bought Maybelline foundation recently, and believe me I can tell the difference. I think Prescriptives is the best stuff I have ever used.

I had big problems with MAC Studio Fix powder when I was younger. My skin is dry, especially on my cheeks. All of a sudden my cheeks felt like they were on fire one day and it's because Studio Fix was drying me out. I use Stila's Illuminating Powder Foundation now, but I've used Prescriptives in the past and really like their stuff.

I hope you update us again and let us know how it's going! I also hope it's working for you.
biggrin.gif

I use Prescriptives and love their stuff. It's good quality and doesn't make me look orange (I'm a Y/O). I hope this is the answer for you.
smile.gif

Ive been using PX virtual finish coundation for almost 8 yrs now and its the best one for me! Ppl always tell me tht I had no foundation on me whenever I wear that, really gives me a ntarual look.Yeap MACs foundations are lil stronger and not that good for sensitive skin, uve gotta becareful wiz dat!

I've used Prescriptives and liked it alot. It did begin to break me out after awhile so I switched to mostly only mineral foundation. It never did the havock that MAC Studio Fix did so it is a lot gentler, for me

Hey Ladies,

Ive been wearing the Px for a little over 2 weeks now and boy can I tell the difference. She gave me the Vitural Matte in Fresh Cocoa and a pressed powder in Level 5 for touch ups throught the day. I LOVE IT!!. Next to no oiliness during the day and NO BREAKOUTS. Ive also been using Philosophy's Micodermabrasion Micro-Delivery Facial Wash day and night and that has mde my skin very smooth. I got a prescription from my doctor for the acne and all is well. The ladies at Px also let me get a sample of the Comfort Moisturizer for Oily Skin, it felt really good and did not leave an oily mess on my skin afterwards, but it is a little to expensive ($40). So I found a moisturizer from Loreal for all skin types that is really good and doesnt leave me oily either. All in all I am loving my Px and my skin is too!! Thanks for all your responses and support.

I have been using the MAC foundations for a while and they seem to work great for me. I especially love the full coverage one because I only have to use a tiny bit to look perfect and natural. But yeah they dont work for everyone. Oh man! now I want to try some Prescriptives stuff!

I had the same problem with studio fix! Except mine happened so fast (just about two weeks and my face was completely broken out!) I stopped using it of course, but my skin never really cleared up and I had to go on Accutane.

Anyway, thank you for posting! Im glad to hear that the Prescriptives is working for you!

Since the studio fix trauma I have been up in the air about foundations (I really only try to wear it on the weekends if I go out now, and even then I usually just go the tinted moisturizer route) but I just may have to give prescriptives a try!!

Latest posts

Back