Secret Santa 2008!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All!

Welcome to the MUT Secret Santa Thread for 2008!!

The rules have changed, so if you’d like to participate, please make sure you have read through and accept the following guidelines before joining in!

Here’s how it works. Each participant will spend up to $25.00 US, postage excluded, on a gift for their secret santa. You are welcome to spend more than that if you wish, and you can specify whether you’d like to ship internationally or not.

All participants need to send a PRIVATE MESSAGE to either BEC688 (Me) or PINKSUGAR (Rosie) with your name and address. All pms will receive a confirmation pm in response, and later, another PM stating the name and address of your SS person.

If you do not receive a pm, you are NOT IN THE SECRET SANTA!! (gasp!)

Please be aware that private messages will be vetted and known swaplifters or trouble members will not be allowed to take part. A list of members who did not send gifts has been compilated from last year, and just like Santa, we’ll be checking it twice!

After you have received your confirmation PM, complete the

Wishlist questionnaire in the Wishlist questionnaire thread

Last year, we did have issues with gifts not being sent out on time, so we are having a deadline by which all gifts must be sent this year.

that date is the 30th of November 2008. If you miss this date, don’t panic, we will let your secret santa know that their gift is running late.

We strongly advise you organize tracking on your parcel also, and keep a receipt of that in case of disaster!

If you agree to take past you must be responsible and send your gift, think of how disappointing it would be not to get anything after all that hard work!

Most of all, have fun and enjoy!

ETA - the wishlist thread will not be opened until the first PM has been confirmed
smile.gif

Yeah!! My third year too!! I'm so glad you decided to do it again even after the problems last year!! Let's hope there are no deadbeats this year!! This really is fun when it works right!

I have not particiapted in this SS before, but I'm thinking about it this year. I don't want to restrict myself, by not sending internationally.....but seeing as how I have never mailed anything out either.....I have no idea about shipping costs.

Around how much will it cost to ship? I'm sure they go by weight, but $25 worth of products can't weight very much.

Has anyone ever shipped from Canada (or the US) overseas? How much should I be expecting to pay?

Katana, it's not that expensive at all for you, I have a couple mates in Canada/USA that have sent me gifts before and the postage on the box wasn't that much, $10? Sometimes less.

Yay! This will be my 3rd yr. I always get excited shopping for someone else since I end up buying something for myself as well in the process (lol)
biggrin.gif

Katana, Shipping to the US isn't that much. When I ship to Canada, it's usually between $2-5. It all depends on the weight really. Prices is about the same for Europe/Asia. Australia is the most expensive ranging from $6-12 for postage. Hehe, u guys are way down under! These estimates are for packages that are less than 1lb (16oz) and for 1st class international mailing (7-10 business days)

im in two years ago i got such a lovely gift

and the last time i didnt got it

but you know what they say last time is a charm

Thank you ladies for answering, it doesn't seem like it would be too expensive at all.

I'm participating as well, sent a pm.
smile.gif
This will be my second year!
smile.gif

Katana,

With Canada Post anything that won't fit through their regulated small slot you will have to send as a small packet. In this case items like eyeshadows, lipsticks or anything wrapped in bubble wrap I have found won't fit through this regulated slot. Using the Air Small Packet rate is good. They have the option of sending it surface mail but it is quite slow, especially to the USA and Internationally. I find it funny that sending small packages within Canada cost more compared to sending out of country. Within Canada I usually send items Xpresspost because it only costs around $1.00 more.

I found some rates on the Canada Post website. The prices below do not include tax. Prices in Canadian dollars.

USA (Air small packet) and includes $100.00 coverage for loss or damage.

0-250 grams- $5.05

250-500 grams- $8.55

500 grams to 1 kilo- $13.25

International(Air small packet) and includes $100.00 coverage for loss or damage.

0-250 grams. Price ranges from $7.75-$8.20

Canada (Xpresspost) The price ranges depending on where you are sending it within Canada. Generally between $8.00-$12.00.

oh im soooo in on this!!! 1st yr woooot!!!!

shipping for me isnt an issue...as long as i make a person happy thats all i care for teheheheh

Hey everyone
smile.gif
Just a heads up we've decided to extend the deadline of when you have to ship off your gifts to 30th NOVEMBER!

Originally Posted by Shelley /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm participating as well, sent a pm.
smile.gif
This will be my second year!
smile.gif

Katana,

With Canada Post anything that won't fit through their regulated small slot you will have to send as a small packet. In this case items like eyeshadows, lipsticks or anything wrapped in bubble wrap I have found won't fit through this regulated slot. Using the Air Small Packet rate is good. They have the option of sending it surface mail but it is quite slow, especially to the USA and Internationally. I find it funny that sending small packages within Canada cost more compared to sending out of country. Within Canada I usually send items Xpresspost because it only costs around $1.00 more.

I found some rates on the Canada Post website. The prices below do not include tax. Prices in Canadian dollars.

USA (Air small packet) and includes $100.00 coverage for loss or damage.

0-250 grams- $5.05

250-500 grams- $8.55

500 grams to 1 kilo- $13.25

International(Air small packet) and includes $100.00 coverage for loss or damage.

0-250 grams. Price ranges from $7.75-$8.20

Canada (Xpresspost) The price ranges depending on where you are sending it within Canada. Generally between $8.00-$12.00.

wow thats a lot

im paying like 2$ for a pack with bubble wrap (small envelop)

to the us

Back