What's your opinion on Tattoos?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think there are some threads on tattoos..

here are my thoughts. I actually like them, although I'm not sure that I'd never change my mind, which is why I haven't ever got one.

I think if it's something that has meaning to you, and you like it and think it's something you'd never feel differently about (it's not an ex's name or anything!) then go for it!

I think they look sexy on guys but only in the right setting. I don't like it if he's wearing formal clothes and you can see them, it doesn't look nice (so no neck tattoos I guess...) I like the back, upper arms etc, somewhere that would only show if he was wearing a tshirt and shorts.

That's just me though
smile.gif
I'd love to see it if you get it done! keep us updated with your decision!

I'm with Rosie on this one. I think tattoos can look pretty sexy on men, on their backs, top of arms, in places that can be covered up, I also agree that I personally don't like seeing tattoos peeking through when they are wearing formal clothing/corporate clothing. I don't view it as a professional look. That's just me though
smile.gif

I like tatoos on men. I even like the full sleeve tatoos.

I think those kind of tatoos are better if you aren't in a job where you're gunna be wearing a shirt and tie though.

I think a white lotus would look nice, and it has meaning behind it which I think is better than just getting a random tatoo. And on your shoulder you can hide it if you need to.

Keep us updated!
smile.gif

I ove the idea of a white lotus. That would be a really cool tattoo. I love tattoos on guys, but yeah only if they are in areas that can be hidden. NO neck or hand tatoos. My bf has half sleeves and I love it, but when he dresses up they are hidden so it works.

ooh that sounds sooo pretty! i like tattoos, i don't think i personally would get one, mostly because i'd be scared of it hurting!! but if i did i'd get a little teeny subtle one probably, i'm not a fan of huge ones. i love them on guys.

i think on girls they can look really nice, a lot of my friends have them.

i have 2 tats so there fore i dont mind them on other ppl.....i have a few guys friends that have half sleevs, not full half sleeves, but most are memorial type things...meanings behind the tat etc....

I think tats on the upper body on a male is hawt...so i say go for it....just look around at diff tattoo artists and go to one that many ppl recommand!!!

I don't like tattoos. I use to and had planned on getting one, but then I heard of all the risks and problems you can get and with my bad luck, I just decided not to get one - I have since stopped liking them all together.

smile.gif

Some people really like them now along with piercings and other body art. This maybe wasn't always the case a while ago. It may hold you back professionally if they are very noticeable.

As for myself I have none. i have considered it, but never decided on anything that would be just the right thing. I think they can be just fine if they have significant meaning to the individual. Thats what matters most in my book.

My biggest hang up is that you better love what you got. Me i get bored with that picture over the bed in the bedroom after 6 months so something that permanent scares me.

I ride the fence of tattoo's. A part of me wanted some, but the more professional part of me said no, because I know a few people that have been turned down on job interviews because of them. I think that they are fine in moderation, I think they are fine when they are in places where you can dress professionally and not see them, I think that they are fine when they are not keys of bragging rights, because some people are foolish enough to show off and catalog every single tattoo when they should really be a personal self expression thing IMO. I have more of a problem with women bombarded in tats on a professional level than I do with men.

So with that being said...go for it!!! It still about what you personally want and what you like.

I love tattoo's and have 3. I love them on men too, but don't really like the full sleeve ones. They look great on younger guys, but I imagine what they'll look like when the person is about 50, not a good look!

The white lotus sounds like a beautiful idea, I think you should get it!

Originally Posted by speedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif s, but I imagine what they'll look like when the person is about 50, not a good look!
You know a bigger problem i have seen is so many tatoos just seem to fade into what is an ugly mess. I know one guy who got his about 10 years. I mean it might have looked ok when they got it but it just looks like crap today. it was a big elaborate eagle and he tells me it had all these reds and blues and intricate feathers and now it just looks like a big black blob on his arm and i swear I can't tell what it is. So its not like he got this overseas or anything and it was a reputable shop he went to in San Diego. I have heard this from people then about better tattooing equipment or better tatoo pigments, but i really have to wonder what they will look like in the future.

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know a bigger problem i have seen is so many tatoos just seem to fade into what is an ugly mess. Yeah, if you're gunna get one you have to think about whether it's going to stand the test of time. Smaller tatoos with the lines closer together are more likely to fade into a blob because the lines are close together and they'll leak into each other.But if you go to a professional they'll be able to tell you what size will be the best and longer lasting.

I don't mind tattoos on a man but to be honest, tattoo sleeves or those huge ones that take up a whole portion of your body is just nasty imo. I love it when a man can wear a short sleeve shirt and shorts and no tattoos are visible. I prefer for the tattoos to be hidden like on the back. It's not that I don't like tattoos anywhere else but seriously, if you plan on working in the public eye many jobs frown upon visible tattoos in the first place.

The way I see though is it's your body and in the end your the one who's gonna have to live with this for the rest of you life.

I like tattoos on men but the ones I don't like are like barbwires or the sun/moon on the shoulder... it's cliche' but if it brings meaning to you, cool. I like the sleeve tattoo on guys or all over the torso... I'm not a fan on all over the legs though.

In the end, it's a person's body so it doesn't matter what other thinks but if you believe you'll like it years from now and it still holds true meanings, go for it. I can't wait until I get mines!

I personally don't like Tattoos on anyone. I have nothing against them and if a fully aware adult wants one then go for it. Just they do not appeal to me especially when you get older.

I think tattoos are sexy... except for my husbands... all of his tattoos are LAME. he is a walking museum of what not to get when getting tattoos...

I KNOW I WROTE THAT IN ANOTHER POST!!! deja vu!

i love tattoos but i thnk you should think of yourself in the future and think of how itll effect you. I want a tattoo but i keep seeing myself not being able to cover it on my wedding day lol. Just make sure you want it there forever. And i can tell it means alot to you

Back